Prologue


Reincarnation: rebirth in new bodies or forms of life, rebirth of a soul in a new human body.


"Zel!! Look out!" screamed Lina as she was shoving him down to the ground.

Shabranigdo's spell was meant for Zelgadiss, but Lina however was trying to save him.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!" she screamed in pain.

"Lina!! Why'd you do that?! Are you crazy??" Zel shouted to her, while at the same time, he was trying to cast a white magic to cure her wounds.

"I was just trying to save your ass," Lina gasped.

"MWAHAHAHAHA," crowed Shabranigdo, "Now nobody can stop me. I'm the strongest of all the seven pieces!"

"We'll see about that you overgrown piece of shit," said Lina with a wince.

"I wouldn't think so, there are only two of you left. Everyone else of your little group is now all dead," mocked Shabby.

That was true. Gourry, Sylphiel, Filia, Valgaav and Amelia were all dead. Xelloss meanwhile was nowhere to be seen.

"That namagomi is never around when you need him," muttered a rather annoyed Zelgadiss.

How are we going to beat the dark lord? He's not joking about being the strongest...even my Laguna blade won't kill him...shit!

"Lina...suppose...combined force?" Zel looked at her.

"It could work..." Lina trailed off uncertainly.

Just then, Shabby blasted some spells toward Lina.

"LINA!!!" Zel shouted, and got in the way.

"ZEL!!!" Lina shouted with anguish. She bent over him.

Zel was badly injured, beyond any injuries, that white magic could fix. He was dying...

"Lina...you can beat him. I know you can!" He grasped her hands. "Do it for us. You can do it!" Zel took a deep breath, and tried to keep his face expressionless, he was in beyond pain.

"Lina, I'm so glad I met you. You're the precious person in my whole life. I'm sorry that I have to leave you."

"Zel! Don't say that!" cried Lina.

"Lina...I love you..." With that Zel took his last breath.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Lina screamed with tears running down her face.

"Mwahahaha!" Shabby crowed again, "Are you ready to give up now? I could spare your life, if you give up. I would make you one of my underlings."

Lina got up from her knees and looked at the Dark Lord with tears running down her face. "LIKE HELL WILL I JOIN FORCES WITH YOU! I DON'T NEED TO JOIN FORCES WITH SOME IDIOTIC PIECE OF SHIT THAT DESERVES NO BETTER THAN A BASTARD THAT CARES ABOUT PEDOPHILE!"

Shabby smirked. "Oooh! I'm a bastard now? Haven't I always been one? I feel so insulted!"

Lina was infuriated. "You are mocking me! PEOPLE THAT DARE TO MOCK ME WILL NOT LIVE SO LONG!!" With that Lina started to prepare for a spell.

Darkness beyond its excruciating nights.
The crimson bloods that I feel within me.
Let it flow freely, let it heal my pain.
I now call upon thee, which be the soul deep inside of me.
I call thee its will and power to come above the surface.
To show the enemy in front of me your true self.
Alter the sadness and pain to the power that I need.
The power to avenge the loved ones and the innocent ones.
Let me use that power, which is my soul to sacrifice myself for the hundreds that should live on.
Lend me the power and I shall be powerful now!
Epitomly Demision

With that Lina converted her soul to energy which came out of her as black and white lights, and it was heading straight to the Demon King. Shabranigdo was meanwhile shocked that someone could know this ancient spell, which Cepheid was the only one who cast that spell. The black and white lights hit him everywhere and was disintegrated to nothing.

Lina then fell to her knees breathing erratically. Zel...I avenged your death. I'll meet you soon. With that she fell to the ground and died there.

Xelloss appeared next to her suddenly. "Lina..." A tear rolled down his cheeks. "Gomen Nasai. I was too late. But perhaps...a chance?" Xelloss muttered some incantation and white lights came from his staff hitting all of his dead friends.

"A chance..."


Part 1   |   Fanfiction