Part 2: For Love of Syphiell


"IT is up to me to save them!" Gourry runs toward the wagon. he charges the bandits and yells. the bandits turn toward him. "another victum. Get him boys!" the bandits turn from the wagon and face gourry. Gourry waps the first bandit with the broadside of his sword. a second bandit swings his sword at gourry.

"you'll have to better then that!" Gourry knocks the bandits sword into the air and punches the bandit in the face. the bandit gose down. the sword he knoced awway fyls up and imbeds it self in a branch above gourry, almost cutting through it. the three remaining bandits charge Gourry.

"No one messes with our gang!" The third bandit swings his club at Gourry. Gouury ducks and slams the but of his sword into the bandits stomach. the fourth bandit panics and chickens out. he drops his wepon and runs rught past gourry. now only Gourry and the bandit leader remain.

"your not bad, boy. but try me out for size!" the bandit leaderpulls his sword from its shelth. the two charge. their swords clash. they back and swing again. the swords lock up. the two are face to face. "ready to surender!"

"Never!"

"then DIE!" the bandits sword humms, and then Gourrys blade shatters. Gourry dose a doubble back flip away and stands toward the bandit leader.. he looks at his broken blade. "Nice trick." Gourry takes a pin from his pocket ad activates the latch to remove the blade.

"Yhea, I know. now if you give me all you valybles, I might let you live..."

"No." gourry holds the bladeless sword out infrount of him in a fighting stance.

"what, are you going to fight me with that?! it has no blade!"

"not exactly, for I have a trick of my own!" Gourry. about this time, the shild surounding the wagon has droped and a purple-haired young lady is watching the fight from the back of the wagon.

"and what might that be." BL

"This! LIGHT COME FORTH!!!!!" the sword of light ignights. "Now lets see whos trick is better. Gourry and the bandit leader charge once again. The sword of light clashes with the bandit leaders sword, and cuts right through it. the bandit leader falls back and lands on his back. "now, never attack a another traverler or town again or I will do something a loto woure then what I am about to do." Gourry grabs the bandit leader by his shirt, tosses him in the air, and then proceads to slice all of the bandits leaders clothes off. The young madien blushes.

The bandit leader lands and takes off at high speeds yelling "I'll get my revenge!".

"the sword of light flckers out and Gourry puts it back in its scabard. He turns toward the young madin and sees her running toward him yelling "Look Out!" gourry lopks up and sees the branch that finaly snaped and fell a second befor. then the branch hits him in slow motion and he falls down.

the screan fades to black.


fade in... Gourry is laying on a couch and a young girl about 16 years old is sitting in a chair across the room gourrys eyes open sloly and he sits up.

"where am I?" gourry puts his hand to his head. "and why dose my head hurt?"

the girl gets up and walks over. "lay down, you suffered an enjury to the head and have been out for the past two days."

Gourry lays back down and the girl sits down next to him. "who are you? and where am I?"

"Oh... I havent entroduced my self, I am Syphiel Nels Rei. and you are in sairaig." Syphiel picks up a glass that is on the table next to the couch. "here. Drink this, It will make you fell better. Syphiel hands Gourry the glass and he slowly drinks it. Syphiel gets up and walks over to the doorway. "FATHER! our geast is awake!"

a muffeled reply is heard."good! be ther in a minute!"

"now, pardon my rudeness, But what is your name." Syphiel

"gourry, Gourry Gabveil, decendent of the swordsman of light. I was on my way here because I heard about some trouble was going on here..."

"yes," sypheil hangs her head "there is troble brewing in sairaig... OH! I forgot! Thank you for saveing me from those bandits.."

"No prblem. It was my duty as a swordsman to defend all who are in trouble, exspesaly butifule Madinens..." Gourry slowly sits up. Syphiel, who is still standing blushes. just then Syphiels Father(SF) walks in.

"Father, may I entroduce Gourry Gabveil, decendent of the swords man of light.." Syphiel.

SF walks over and shakes Gourrys hand. "I must thank you for saveing my daugthers life."

"It was my pleasuer to save her. and I must thank you for Takeing care of me while I was out."

"ahh, but I must Decline such an houner, for It was not me, but my daughter..." SF. Sypheil blushes again.

"Then Thank you, Sypheil.." Gourry takes Syphiels hand an kisses it. "now, seince I came here because of the trouble, could you tell me more about what is going on in Sairaiig?"

"certenly" syphiels father gose to sit down in the chair. "Syphiel, would you go get us some tea please?"

"yes father." syphiel leaves the room.

"now, the trouble in sairaig, well, recently a gang of bandits set up camp in the ruins of old Sairraig. they were perstering Travilers to the city and makeing ocasinal attacks on sairaiig its self. and these were no more then a little bother some... until recently. four Days ago, the bandits attacked the city in full force. they broke into the temple and stole sevrale holy artifacts." syphiel re-enters the room carrying a tekettle nd some cups. she sets them down on the Table and sits down in the chair next to her father. "and then they retreated, even though they had won. This was an emergency. I sent Syphiel, along with some of our best gardes to go to Sailoon and ask for their help. but they did Not make it. the bandits followed and attacked the wagon. but luckly you came along and saved my dear daughter."

"Alright! I will get rid of these bandits and free you from their tireny!" gourry sands up, wobles a bit and then sits back down.

"No. You still haven't recovered from your wound.. you are not strong enough. but you should be back to full health within a week." syphiel stands up and heads for the kichen. "dinner should be ready in about a half hour."

"food? hmmm, maybe I will wait.." fade out..


after Dinner...

"Ahhhh... That was the best meal I have had in ages! You are a wonderful cook Syphiel!"

"Thank you" sypheil blushes. she starts to clear the table.

"now that you have eaten, I imagen you sould want to slepp. Your room is upstairs, second door on the left." SF

"thank you. I belive I shall retire." Gourry heads upstairs to his room. fade out.


the next morning...

Gourry sits up on his bed and Yawns. he gets up and opens the door and walks out into the hall, running into Syphiel.

"sorry.." gourry stands back up and extends his hand to help syphiel up. "my fault."

Syphiel takes his hand and gets up. "no trouble. I was just on my way out to go shoping."

"hmmm. I haven't been out for a few days and need to streach my mucles. would you mind if I came with you"

"no, not at all." Sypheil. gourry gose back into his room and comes out a few minutes later in his armor. syphiel heads downstairs and out the frount door. gourry follows.


Gourry and syphiel are walking down the street. gourry is carrying sevarl boxes. ocasonaly, Syphiel will stop at one of the stalls and buy something and put it on the pile of boxes Gourry is carrying. This continues for a while till the Pile is up to gourrys Eye level.

"are you sure this is not to much?" syphiel

"I'm sure, this is nothing Syphiel." Gourry. as they continue down the street, a big guy is walking the opisite way. he bumps into Gourry and causes all the pacages to go flying into the air. gourry dose some skillful manevering and catches all the pacages befor they hit the ground. he then sets them down. "hey you! watch where you are going!" the guy who bumped into Gourry turns around. It is the bandit Gourry faught befor. "YOU!"

"yhea.. me. Now lets fight.!" the guy pules out a sword.

"sure thing" Gourry reaches for his sword and his hand grabs nothing. he looks down and sees that his sword is goon. he then looks at the sword the bandit is holding and notices that it is his sword of light "YOU STOLE MY SWORD!!!"

the bandits puts the sword away and smiles. "I know..." the bandit runs into the crowd and Gourry quickly follows.

Syphiel looks around panicly and then runs after Gourry yelling "Wait!" screen pans out to a veiw of the city, looking in the Direction of the way the three are headed. and it pointed straight at the old city...


Part 3   |   Fanfiction