Saturday Mornings With the Gang


Zelgadis is watching TV placidly. He picks up the remote and flips the channel to Cartoon Network, just as the Sailor Moon theme song starts.

The Interplanal Overseer, Xelloss, Gourry, and Ryoga: (charging into the room) TOONAMI!!!!! (they zip in front of the TV, fighting for the best position, and completely blocking Zelgadis's view.)

Zelgadis: (sighs) You guys make better doors than windows.

Xelloss: (staring drooling at the screen) Short skirts ... ^_^

Gourry: (to Zel, not taking his eyes off the screen) Whuzzat mean?

IO: He can't see ... Go get 'em, Lita!

Ryoga: SHISHIHOUKODAN! (Xel, Gourry, and IO go flying to the other end of the room.) Better?

Zelgadis: Much. Thank you.

Xelloss: (popping back up and in front of the TV) How refreshing! Almost as if that Jupiter Thunder Crash leapt out of the TV!

IO: (pulling herself up) You can say that again! Go Lita!

Gourry: I didn't miss Sailor Venus, did I?

Ryoga: Ooooo, look, they're trapped in - where's that again? (Suddenly, the Tuxedo Mask guitar riff plays.)

IO, Xelloss, and Gourry: YAY! (they crowd around the TV again.)

Zelgadis: (sighs.)

Xelloss: (drooling) I love this show ... ^_^

Ryoga: The show or the characters?

IO: WOW! LOOK AT THAT! o_O (Tuxedo Mask just made a daring rescue.)

Gourry: Who's that guy? (points to Tuxedo Mask. Others facefault in unison.)

Zelgadis: Honestly, you're not even following the plot!

IO: S'okay. I have 'em all on tape anyway. (Everyone except her and Xel facefaults again.)

Zelgadis: And you never even told me?! I could've watched them in peace!

Xelloss: Actually, you still probably couldn't. ^_^

Zelgadis: I'm outta here ... (storms out of the room grumbling about fruitcakes and anime freaks.)

IO: (calling after him) Hey Zel, maybe you should watch TV alone!

The resulting explosion from Zel's general direction leveled the place and caused IO, Xelloss, and Ryoga to go into fits of laughter that promptly ended when they were punched into orbit. IO zapped them back, rebuilt Nintendo HQ with a snap of her fingers, pushed some coffee into Zel's clenched fists, and insisted that really it was only a joke but man what a good one - KABOOM.

The moral: Never tick off a chimera unless you can survive being blown to bits, punched into orbit, and then blown to bits again. ^_^


Onward   |   Fanfiction