Part 2


"How have things been going?" Dolphin asked, doodling on a set of papers marked 'Urgent'.

"Well, Sea-sama. Lina Inverse has agreed to the quest. The only possible complication is Xelloss Metallium."

"Oh, how so?" She blinked, looking up from her artwork.

"If he finds out about me, he could use taht information against me towards Inverse. Not to mention the fact taht he is Xelloss Metallium."

"Any ideas how this should be resolved?"

The Shamanist turned Preist and General, grinned and bowed. "Leave this to me, Sea-sama."

She nodded and gave him a stern look. "Very well, if anything goes wrong, it shall be on your head. Understood?"

"Your trust in me in most reassuring." He smiled and backed out of the throneroom, still bowing.

"My my, I forgot how having a human become a Preist or General made them so loyal. Tis a good feeling, having such a competent to work for me." She smiled, stretched, and went back to doodling.


Sai paced around his chambers, anxiously. Xelloss was no fool, he was going to find out who he served sooner or later, and that may lead to an unnecassary conflict. What about who he once was? If Xelloss learned that, there could be mass complications. Sai smirked and stopped. "Even now, Xelloss troubles me. Ha, I'll just have to make sure they find out from me before him then." He nodded and vanished.


Xelloss sighed. "Lina-san, why won't you believe me?" He whined.

"Why should I? If the mazoku worries you, that's just a good point for him."

"But, have I ever steered you wrong about a mazuko that was dangerous?"

"Well, no, but so what? I want those scrolls!!" She pumped her fist enthusiastically.

Xelloss sighed. "But Lina-san...eh?" He stopped and looked ahead.

"Wha?" Amelia saw Sai sitting in a tree.

"Lina, I need to talk with you."

"So talk." She stepped towards him.

Sai smiled. "I have information, prying ears would like to hear." He looked at Xelloss, who smiled demurely.

"Come now, Sai-san, I'm a mere mazoku, same as you."

Sai held out his palm. "In your dreams."

Xelloss shifted to block the spell. As did the others. Sai leapt down, vanished, and as a white light washed over the area and faded, he was gone. Along with the Slayers. Xelloss raised an eyebrow.

"This is bad." He picked up the magic trail and followed.


"Put me DOWN!!!" Lina elbowed Sai in the ribs. He dropped them all.

"ite." He lightly rubbed the spot.

"Talk, or be toasted."

"It's a smiple answer really."

"Now that I think about, Xelloss seems to act strange around you. Even for himself. Who are you, a Dark Lord or something." She eyed him suspiciously.

"Ms. Inverse you truly flatter me." Sai smiled and stood up straight. "You know me already. You all do." His hair stiffened and held in a familiar position as he smiled a small smile and closed his eyes.

"Zelgadis-san!!!" Amelia leapt and glomped onto him by reflex, causing him to fall back in surprise. Gourry just blinked as the wheel turned in his mind. Lina gasped in shock.

"I..it can't be..." Lina managed.

Amelia let go of him as her mind finally accpeted the new data. "Zelgadis-san, you're a Mazoku!???!"

He nodded. "I was transformed and given a cure."

"But why Zelgadis-san, you are a fighter for justice!!!" Amelia pouted, getting off oh him.

Lina rolled her eyes at the princess. "You have your cure. Now, you have power. You have what you wanted. Then why are you here with us?"

"Well, my master wants a copy of the scribes. You can also have a copy but they want one as well." He pointed out before she could get angry at another mazoku out to steal knowledge.

"How can I trust you?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I won't keep the knowledge from your possesion, I promise."

"So what." Lina folded her arms.

"Eh?" Sai blinked.

"Yeh, mazoku are evil and dishonest and~" Amelia started off only to be interuppted.

"We are not. We are chaotic, as L-sama desired. We are the black to the ryuzoku's white. I thought you figured this out when Darkstar was here." Sai folded his arms. "We also have honor, different from yours but still existent. Besides, if I do lie, you'll just do like you do with other mazoku and destroy me." As he spoke his hair lost it's rigidity, and fell back to it's normal state.

Lina grinned. "True. But if you act like Xelloss at all, deals off."

Sai grinned back, showing fangs. "Understood, Lina."

Amelia, who had been gazing at Sai the whole time, stepped up and spoke. "How bishonen you look. No wonder you were so cute in chimera form, look at you now!" She latched onto him and nuzzled his chest. "Now that you're over your curse, we can finally be wed! Who cares if you're mazoku, you're still my one true Zelgadis-san." The hearts and music were in full effect and also having the effect of making Sai sick.

"My name is Sai." He stopped her. "And you are making me sick."

"wai! How mean Zelgadis-san!" She pouted.

"No...literally, you're making me sick." He wobbled a bit.

"eh? Gomenasai, Zelgadis-san, guess I got carried away!" She held him up.

"It's Sai. Not Zel, Sai." He corrected her.

Gourry blinked. "Oi, Lina, who is this guy?"

Before Lina could hit him, Xelloss appeard before them, smiling as always. "So this is what happened to you, Zelgadis-san. Most interesting. Tell me, who is your lord?"

"Yeh, who do you work for, Zel?"

"......." Sai just looked at them.

"Well? Answer me?!" Lina lost her patience.

"My name is Sai." He stated matter-of-factly.

"Yeh yeh sure sure, who's you master?" She waved her hand.

"That...." He looked around, then smirked. ".is a secret." Then vanished.

"WHAT?!?!" Came all four's reply. Lina scratched her hair. "Damned mazoku!!!"

Xelloss simply vanished.

And then Sai reappeared, sitting on a rock.

"YOU!!!" She stomped towards him.

"Work for Deep Sea Dolphin. This is to be a secret from Metallium, ok?"

Lina hmphed then nodded. "It'll be good to finally be able do this. Keeping a secret from Xelloss." The others eagerly nodded and grinned, even Gourry understanding the irony of the situation.

"Good. Now, shall we get going?"

"I'm hungry, let's go eat!!!" Lina declared, this gained a cheer from the princess and the merc-enary. Sai smiled and nodded. Feeding was a good idea. Too bad, he wouldn't be eating with or near them. He chuckled.

"I'll join you at the inn." Lina nodded and the trio walked out. Sai's face gained a monstrous beauty and he vanished as well.


"Zelgadis Greywers? As in the chimera known to associate w/ Lina Inverse?" Zelas raised an eyebrow and crossed her legs.

"The very same, Mistress. I could not learn his lord, though. I am sorry." Xelloss cheerful demeanor was all-business now.

"I see."

"I believe whoever it was gave him my position."

"Oh? You mean a general and priest?"

"Hai, Zelas-sama. That's the only explanation for his power and skills."

"Agreed, you may go now Xelloss. Since he will be keeping tabs on Inverse, you do the same. And continue observing this new one. He may be a problem."

He WILL, mistress, but I will take care of it. He thought. "Wagata." He faded out.

Zelas grinned. "That's a good boy, Xelloss. Loyal as a dog." She chuckled daintily at her bad joke and took another sip of wine.


As Lina and Gourry ate, Amelia ate as well, but at a much slower pace, as her mind was not on food. "Zelgadis-san..." No, Sai. She mentally corrected herself. He seems happy in as a Mazoku, but he's evil. Wait, he's chaotic. The princess heaved a sigh. Too much stress. Eat now, think later. The princess then tried to catch up w/ the sorceress and the mercenary in terms of food eaten. A vain, yet valid try.


Sai walked towards the center of the town. This was an effective way to feed. As the town's center usually held the most shops and as a result the most people. With a wave of his hair (Giving the author the duty hosing fangrrlz and fanboys.) he leapt up onto a statue of Rezo and fired a moderately weak fireball into a temple.

As it hit, the people became confused as to what was happening. Sai grinned and held his palm up to the sky. "Dynast Rain." Ice shards rained down on the land, nearly hitting, but never hitting any of the people. They all screamed and scattered about, running for their lives.

"My my, Zelgadis-san, how compassionate of you to not actually be aiming for any of the people." A voice baited, teasingly. Xelloss smiled as he stepped out of the astral realm.

"Ah, Metallium, what brings you here?" He turned to face Xelloss, his spell still in effect. He did not fall for the bait, knowing that was the preist's intentions.

"Just traveling. As we.." His staff deflceted three shards of magic laced ice that were each aimed for a 'vital' spot on the mazoku. ".often do."

Sai vanished as countless black spikes converged on his former position. "Leaving your mistress so defenseless. I think I'll go pay her a visit." His bodiless voice flowed.

Xelloss's gasped in shock and left for his home. As he traveled the astral plane, he was confronted with a slash in his abdomen by a waiting Sai. The other mazoku stabbed the first in the arm and then grabbed Xelloss, exiting into the normal world with him. He kicked Xelloss to the ground. He just happened to land chest first on a spike. "What do you want?" He strained out.

"Now that is a secret. But fear not, you and your mistress shall learn soon enough. Until then, wipe yourself off, your bleeding." Sai chuckled and dropped a handkercheif on the bleeding Xelloss. He faded out of sight slowly.

"you will pay......sai.....pay dearly." He smiled, lips stained w/ blood as he made this oath.

Sai reappeared and stomped Xelloss in the cheek. "Maybe, but..." He ground his foot into the screaming mazoku's face. "Not before you, and not as severly as you." He stomped hard again, before leaving an injured Xelloss.


[Sorry, just had a fit of violent urges that just needed venting. ^_^]

Lina and co. were just finishing up as Sai walked in. It had been a good 4 hours since they parted ways to 'feed'

"From what I've heared, it seems you ate well, Sai." Lina grinned and patted her stomach.

Sai nodded and chuckled. "The same could be said for you."

"Well, I'm going to bed. Ja, Sai." She smiled and ran to her room, dragging Gourry.

"Lina-san, matte! You didn't pay!!" Amelia chased after her. Sai blinked.

"Some things never change." A large man walked up to him.

"You friends with them? They didn't pay."

Sai raised an eyebrow at the man. He was too full to actually want to feed. He chuckled. Good one, Lina. He then thought about the princess. Not as stupid as she acts, I see. He nodded and tossed a bag of gold into the man's hands. "Forgive my friends manners." He smiled and walked out. The man opened the pouch and a garden snake slithered out. He squealed like a girl and tossed the pouch into the air, spilling the gold coins all across the tavern and caused other patrons to laugh loudly at his action.

Sai smiled as he heard this and vanished.


"Sea-sama." Sai bowed.

"And how was today?" She looked at her general/priest, questioningly.

"Quite nice, caught Xelloss off guard with one of his own type of attacks."

"Oooh, an astral plane sneak attack. I'm surprised you figured out the mechanics of that so soon."

He bowed lowed and smiled. "Thank you."

A pair of white-gloved hands applauded from the shadows, causing the two to look their. "So, Sea-san, I see you have healed. That is good." Xelloss stepped out, grinning.

"Xelloss!" Blue energy crackled around Dolphin, but Sai held out his hand.

"Let me." He unsheathed his blade and glared at the priest.

"I have all I wanted to know, ja mata." He vanished. Sai followed.

Dolphin sat in her seat, power slowly ebbing out, but still crackiling.


Xelloss landed, stomach on the ground, his back impaled by Sai's blade. "You will die, here and now fruitcaAAAHHH!!!!!" They just happened to land in Zelas's throneroom. She currently had Sai pinned to a wall. His astral shoulders impaled by her beast form's talons.

"So, Zelgadis. You work for my dear little sister? I wonder how Dolph is doing?" Sai's eyes widened. "Oh yes, didn't she tell you? We're related deeper than just being two of the mazoku lords." The beast grinned.

"Not possible...that would make..."

"You and Xelloss related. Funny isn't it? You hated him so much and now, your close cousins. Too bad you won't be around much longer to celebrate." Sai's eyes glowed a brilliant light blue. Xelloss smiled.

"Zelas-sama, I believe you have upset him." He chuckled lightly. Suddenly, Xelloss and Zelas froze. That wasn't anger, that was a silent chant. That meant.

"DOLPHIN DISSIPATE!!!!" With a roar, a typhoon surrounded Sai and spread, lashing out with mystically sharpened shards of water at the entire throneroom. When the two beasts washed the spell away, Sai was gone.

"My apologies Zelas-sama. I should have noticed sooner."

"It is quite alright, Xelloss. We now have prey. And you know what that means..." She grinned, back in her 'human' form, sans clothing.

"Shall I get the riding crop and bonds?"

Zelas slumped, but quickly recovered. "No!! You idi~~ well yes. We'll discuss business later. Right now, summon Luna-chan, I'm up for a little fun."

"At once." He vanished, to complete the order.


Sai crashed into his chambers, not wanting his mistress to see him so beaten. She would know about, but right now, he need to rest, recover. That spell had been draining, especially with those claws embedded in him. That was a subject for anotehr time. Now, I need rest.... And with that, the priest healed in blissful unconciousness.


Part 3   |   Fanfiction