Part 2


Zelgadis stood at the alter his face ever expressionless, he watched as all the people sat in their chairs waiting for the bride to appear. He frowned, did he really want to go through with this or...no he had to this was his future his happiness...wasn't it? He listened as the band began to play the ceremonial music, and kept watch as a familiar dark head graced the doorway. Amelia looked beautiful he had to admit with her head held high and a veil covering her face. He turned his head and noted that Gourry was holding the wedding rings on a pillow slightly behind him.

Amelia came to a halt beside Zelgadis a smirk forming under her silk veil. Ooooh Zel is finaly mine! I know he doesn't love me but I'm sure in time he will learn too.

Zel grimaced as he could almost picture Amelia's 100-giga watt smile beneath her vale. Turning forward he brought his attention to the minister who was ranting on about justice and the like...Must be related to the family...

"Do you Amelia fighter of all justice take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"YES!"

"And do you Zelgadis take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"..."

"Maybe you didn't hear my question, do you...."

"I heard your question..." Zel felt his resolve strengthen as he turned to Amelia.

"Zel..." Amelia could feel what was coming next and she felt her heart crumbling...Why...Why cant he just forget her!

"Amelia you and I both know that this wont work...I cant settle for just happiness I realize that now...someone tried to tell me that a long time ago...I need love." Holding up a hand to halt Amelia in mid speech " I need love and I want to be able to return that love...and I just don't feel that way for you...I'm sorry" turning he ripped of his bow tie and walked down the long aisle.

Gourry quirked and eyebrow and watched as Amelia dropped to her knees and cried, as if her world had just come crumbling down. Setting down the twin wedding bands, he walked down the aisle following the hunched over figure of Zelgadis. "Hn...maybe you're worthy of her just yet..." Gourry quietly laughed to himself as he took long strides to catch up with the fast paced chimera. "Ne Zel wait up, where are you going to go now?"

Zel straightened his back and glared at the tall swordsman. "What's it to you, and why are you acting concerned I know you hate me"

"Nah I don't hate you...just mad..." Gourry averted his eyes to the side.

"About what?"

Gourry's eyes suddenly took on a despairing look as he mumbled "That you could win her love so easily when you have done nothing to deserve it!" the last part came out as a shout as he stopped to stare the stunned chimera in the face. "Yes mad! Mad that when all of us left to go our separate ways I always stuck by her side! Yes mad that I was always there for her to cheer her up! Yes fucking mad that whenever you did decide to show up it would make her whole day complete!" Gourry snarled suddenly angry.

Zelgadis stared in shock at the angered swordsman, never had he seen him ever lose his cool like this...What could he say to the angered swordsman...He had tossed aside her love so easily...oh of course he hadn't meant to...dammit he had never knew how she felt till now! But now that it was set right in front of him he should have realized it from the start. "I'm going to find her again...with or without your help" Zelgadis's voice took on a new aggressive tone as he stared stonily back at Gourry.

Gourry grinned in his mind that was the old Zelgadis he knew. He watched as his face took on its old cold expression that meant business. Gourry smiled inwardly Ne Lina-chan maybe he's not such a lost cause...


Part 3   |   Fanfiction