Part 1


"You cold heartless bastard!" agreeing shouts from the crowd echoed from the cavern walls. The cloaked form in the center of the mob seemed to be contemplating the lead man's words. "Cold...heartless...I like that"

The lead man cringed inwardly at the man's cool exterior; he didn't even flinch when they surrounded him. Well he wouldn't make a fool of the Cherry Gang for long! "Jay! Kei! Go get this upstart!"

"Is this the best that you can do? Flare arrow!" lifting an eyebrow he mused at the simplicity of destroying these so-called bandits with a mere flare arrow. The leader looked panicked as he gathered the rest of his gang and fled through the cave entrance. Shrugging the cloaked figure gingerly removed his hood as he moved further into the cave.

Walking further into the dimly lit cave, a large smooth wall of rock blocks the man from going any further. Peering at the smooth reflective surface, the mans abnormality becomes noticeable. The blue skin, the elongated ears, and the stones that marked his skin. Zelgadis Greywards sighed inwardly, would he ever be human again. Sighing heavily he leaned his forehead against the cool reflective surface...he wandered what Lina and the others were up to. He had left so abruptly and it had been hard seeing the hurt look on Lina's face. She had looked so cute with her face upturned, a blush brushing across her cheeks. "Lina..."

"So brooding over an unrequited love?"

"Yeah..." Zel blinked, was it his imagination or was there someone else in the cave with him. Maybe one of those bandits...

The voice sniffed in disdain "As if, I cant believe you would classify me with those stinky hulking brutes!"

The slightly masculine voice seemed slightly miffed at the comparison. Zel turned and quickly did a scan of the room, nothing out of the ordinary...

"Yahoo! Over here!"

Zel turned his head back to the smooth stone surface, there now it was beginning to get noticeable. The bottom portion of the wall seemed to be blurring as if a portal was beginning to open. Unsheathing his sword to be on the safe side he awaited the creature whatever it was to come out. He had been expecting something fierce along the lines of some kind of monster but he was surprised however when an odd little creature tumbled out.

"Man traveling through dimensions is a killer on the fur!" A small creature about the size of a basketball sat cleaning its whiskers.

"What are you?" Zel examined the animal closely; it looked like a cross between a cat and a rabbit. Its head was that of a cat but its ears were long and floppy, and it sat on its hind legs like a rabbit would. Zel peered closely at the animal as it continued to clean his whiskers. It seemed to have little black bat wings, and a long tail that was currently tucked close to the side of his body.

"Hey! What are you staring at, I'm not some common lab rat ya know" the little creature made a swipe at Zelgadis's nose.

"You can talk"

"Wow not much get's by you"

"Great a smart talking rat..."

"Hey! And here I came all this way to help you out!" the creature pressed a paw over his heart as if he had been mortally wounded.

"To help me? Sorry but I don't need any help" Zel turned away, yet another false lead for a cure. Well there had been talk of a town just south of this cave...

"Hey!" the creature began to bounce alongside of him "You can't just walk away! Oh come on!" flapping his little batty wings he tried to keep pace with the speed walking chimera.

"Why are you so set on coming with me?" Zel continued along with his long strides not bothering to slow down for the little creature flying alongside.

The little creature began to pant with exertion. "I have to help you! Come on you want this Lina girl to like you right?"

Zel stopped and turned to the little creature "What do you know of Lina? You've been digging through my thoughts and reading my mind!"

The little creature fiddled with his own paws as he began to whistle. "Just a little! How else was I to know what to help you with!" this was said a little defensively.

"I don't understand why are you so ready to help me" Zel was suspicious it was like this creature was desperate to help him.

"Well ya see, where I come from I sort of did something wrong. So for me to be able to get back home I have to do a good dead, otherwise I get locked in that stone prison for another millennia or so"

"So you've been locked in that stone prison? What exactly did you do?"

"Oh nothing major..." the creature fluttered to the ground with a happy sigh. "My names Bean by the way. Bean looked up in time to see the chimera round a corner "Hey no fair wait up Zelly!"

"My name is not Zelly!" the angry shut could be heard resonating off the cliffs in the distance.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction