Part 1


"Lina would you wake up!"

"No! Just ten more minutes!"

"Fine you've forced me to do this..."

Lina could feel something wet and slimy making it's way down her throat...she only knew one thing that felt like that... "SLUG!" Lina fell to the floor a heap of blankets and sheets.

"HAHAHA I told you to get up!" Lina's brother smirked and quickly picked up his slug code named Mr. Slime. He barely made it through the door before a shoe impacted on the wall just ahead of him. Laughing he ran into his room.

Lina carefully pulled herself from the floor and picked up her nightstand clock to check the time... "It's 1 o'clock already! Oh no I was supposed to meet Lilly at the Library!" jumping up quickly she tore of her pajamas and quickly shoved her legs into some tight jeans. Shoving her feet in some sneakers she quickly pulled on her yellow hooded sweatshirt. Running to the bathroom she ran a brush through her hair with one hand while brushing her teeth with the other. Grabbing up her book bag from the floor she dashed down the steps. "Mom dad be back later!"

Running she made it in record time to the local library, she noted the librarian giving her death looks. She smirked and waved...knowing the lady had a strong dislike for her. Walking over toward an occupied table she noted that Lilly was already hard at work. Lilly was short and chubby with brown hair to her chin; as usual her nose was stuck in a book.

"Well, well look who's late yet again" Lilly smirked as she kept her nose firmly planted in her book. "Say why don't you go get a book and join me!" Lilly finaly looked up and winked good naturedly at Lina.

Lina smiled in return glad her friend wasn't mad at her. Walking down the aisles with her pack slung over her shoulder she scanned the shelf for a book that might be useful for her English lit class.

"Lina...come back to me..."

Lina paused, what in the world. Someone must be playing a joke on her, well it wasn't funny. Walking further down the aisles she noticed that there was a door at the end. Blinking she stared at it, since when was there a door back here. Shrugging she grabbed a book off the shelf not even bothering to check the title she turned and made her way back to the table.

"Nice outfit by the way" Lilly remarked as she jotted some things onto a sheet of paper. Lilly laughed at Lina's expression; she had to give it to the girl she looked good in whatever she wore. She was envious of Lina, where Lina was tall and Slender Lilly was for the most part chubby. Where Lina had hair that looked like pure fire, Lilly had plain average brown hair. Finally where Lina had strikingly beautiful red eyes, Lilly's were plain brown. "I see you have those arm bands on again, nice fashion choice"

Lina had pushed her sleeves up to her elbows and stuck her tongue out at her friend. "There wrist guards silly, I've got kick boxing practice after this." Lina couldn't help but sigh; her friend was such a nag. Finaly picking up the book she had picked up in such a hurry, she read the title. "Mary Poppins!"

"SHHHHHHH!"

Lina nearly fell out of her seat where had that Librarian come from! She gave the woman a nasty look before she got back up with her book. "I'll be right back Lilly I just need to grab another book" walking down the aisle she felt a tingle run down her spine. That feeling again...must be her imagination, all she needed to do was put the book on the shelf. Coming to the end of the aisle she noticed the door again, geesh I cant believe they build things so fast I was just here yesterday.

"Lina...come back to me..."

There it was again! She wasn't going crazy and it was coming from behind the door. Marching to the door she fully intended to hurt whoever was playing the joke on her. Opening the door wide she stepped through the door ...only to wish she hadn't when she felt nothing under her foot and soon she felt herself falling into darkness.


Part 2   |   Fanfiction