Part 4


Lina had a hard time breathing, what with Zelgadis having her in a death grip. She could grow to like she mused, but why was he crying. All she had said was that she was hungry...

Zel looked down into her confused red eyes, she was the most beautiful creature in the world to him at the moment. "Lina...is it really you" he was hesitant to ask the question afraid that at any moment she might disappear from his arms forever.

Lina pulled herself from his grasp and stretched giving Zel an irritated look. "Of course it's me Zel why wouldn't it be!"

Zel was confused Lina was acting as if she was never gone. "Lina don't you remember the battle with the demon...?"

"What battle?" her face scrunched up "Geesh Zel cant a girl take a nap without you worrying" Lina had taken a nap at the INN...hmm where was the INN anyway.

"You don't remember..." Zel couldn't believe how could she not remember if she had her memories back.

"What are you talking about Zel!" she was becoming increasingly nervous under his scrutiny.

"Lina..." he choked back the tears threatening to spill "Lina you died..."

"Don't be silly Zel, I'm right here!" he was definitely scaring her now.

"Dammit Lina you died look at me! You've been gone for more then 10 years!" he stared at her hard willing her to understand.

Lina stared and for the first time she realized that Zel looked different. Gone was the boyishness of youth, it was replaced by a man...a man tired of life. He had grown taller she could tell, he was still lean but he was pure muscle no once of fat could be seen from her eyes. His face was more mature older looking, but the one thing that stayed the same were his eyes. "Oh my...but...I don't understand!" she was confused was this all a trick a dream maybe...she clutched at her head painfully, it was pounding dreadfully.

Zel looked at Lina with some concern she seemed to be in some kind of pain. "Lina! What's wrong!" grabbing her shoulders he pulled her closer and lowered her onto the ground.

"All theses memories..." Lina moaned so many familiar yet unfamiliar faces flew through her head.

Zel's hold on Lina slipped as her body jerked and scream tore past her throat. Her movements stilled and Zel watched not daring to breath as her breaths evened out into sleep.

Zel quickly picked the girl up and walked to gather his things, noticing another bag he picked that up too. He would get her to an INN and make sure she was OK then he would get to the bottom of things. Ten years ago he lost all of his happiness and emotion, a small smile flitted across his lips. But maybe just maybe...Heck who said maybe as long as he had her here with him and alive he knew he could gain back what he had lost.


Lina awoke to a minor headache, she moaned why was this happening to her. She knew she should be remembering something but she couldn't no matter how hard she tried. Oh well it was time for school anyway...she stopped her legs from midswing off the bed when her mind registered that this was not her bedroom. Then it came rushing back to her she was Lina Inverse not a school girl or was it the other way around...it was so confusing!

"So your awake, how are you feeling?" a soft voice asked his voice laced with concern.

Lina jumped and tumbled over the bed, trust Zel to be lurking somewhere in a dark corner. "Geesh Zel! What are you trying to do scare me to death!" Lina caught the sound of the hiss of indrawn breath and immediately regretted her words. "I'm sorry Zel I wasn't thinking..." she looked at him from her position on the floor noting the hard look on his face. Damn even after all this time he still wore that damn facial expression.

Zel was hurt by her irritated words, he merely acted like he didn't care and continued on with his questions. "Lina what do you remember?"

Lina sighed and related her life to him, and then the new memories of her and the Slayers gang. "I don't know if I'm Lina reincarnated or the real Lina...ARgh! I cant think on an empty stomach!"

Zel had to hide a smile at her whining demand, yep this was his lina reincarnation or no reincarnation. "We can grab some food from downstairs, if you like"

Lina squealed and grabbed Zels arm as she pulled him through the door. "Food! Yahoo!"

Zel was Blushing crimson as he pulled Lina back into the room. "Erm you might wanna put some clothes on first..." He had taken her clothes off because they had become to ht and she had began to break out and sweat. He quickly averted his eyes as Lina yelped and began pulling on her weird articles of clothes.

Lina shoved her feet into her sneakers, she was so embarrassed. Here she was prancing around in bra and panties bouncing around and ...Argh!

Zel turned around glad the he wasn't the only one blushing from this incident. He quirked an eyebrow and open the door with a flourish ."After you madam"

Lina marched by and down the steps already wanting to wipe the smug look from His face. She couldn't help but smile though...she really had missed him. Even if she didn't remember...that feeling was always there. A feeling like she was missing something important.


Part 5   |   Fanfiction