It Takes II to Tango


Notes

Term time! 'Gijinka' means, technically, a humanoid animal, an anthropomorphic. Who's seen pictures of Pikachu all human-ish, but still retaining a few infamous details? Well, that's a Gijinka-Pikachu. The support units mentioned in this story are all currently in a human form based on their animal bodies... which means they have human bodies, but kitty/doggie ears and tails. Got me? Well, you better, because if I'm flamed for saying this is bestiality, then oh my god, I am so shoving my mother's riding crop up your --

Blues: *AHEM*

-- tushy! T_T How's that for a threat, eh?


A long time ago, man tamed wild beasts into hunting companions, ferocious animals with unruly personalities, brought to the sides of masters, and loyal to only them.

A long time ago, but not as long, man worshipped animals as gods and scared beings. They were treated with upmost respect and given gifts that they didn't understand. Men were so confusing to them and didn't care for any offering, unless it involved a kind hand stroking its fur.

More recently in the stream of time, such animals became known at pets, a creature to be treated fairly and respected like another human being.

Past the present and into the future, pets were constructed from metal and fitted with computers, transforming the modern pet into something better. They were obediant, protective to a point, and eternally loyal.

Farther along, some robotic pets gained sentience by their creators. The first one was a success in two classes: as a more natural acting pet as well as a unit to aid in the mission of his programmed master.

Not too long after, the same man altered the shapes of two of those creations into antropomorphic forms, one gaining the ability to proteus-morph back into it's beastly form. By the end of the week, two more creatures of identical willpowers had gone under the same transformation.

And only a few months afterwards, at the start of our story, one of these machine finds himself infatuated with the man he broke his program to join.


Tango woke up to the splashing of sunshine and frantic typing from inside the dwelling. That was the problem with living in a cave in the middle of nowhere. Every sound echoes and only you can hear it. He normally ignored the disgusting sound, but right now, it was unbearably annoying. Typing meant determination and that meant blocking everything else out of his mindstream. He works much too hard... No time to play.

Getting to his feet, the robotic feline padded back inside, making a displeased sound when he saw that damn laptop open and his master sitting at it. He's becoming like that nasal-pinched flying boy on TV. No wonder the braided baka is frustrated; he doesn't have him to play with either.

He sniffed, indignant, and sat down beside the kagemusha. The laptop was evil incarnate and Tango didn't hold back his glare at the unliving machine. He spends more time with it then me! Did I do something wrong? "Mroaw?"

Ah, the insidious typing stopped! Blue eyes lit up as brown ones met his. "What's the matter, Tango?"

"Merow! Mew prrow!" Tango clung to Blues' arm, his eyes glassy as he rubbed his cheek against the bare pseudoskin. Play with me! Get away from that horrid machine! Get up!

But he didn't understand, not in Tango's way anyway, and the cat's green ears drooped in misery as the shadow walker shook his head and said, "Sorry Tango. I'm a little busy."

The feline pouted as his master turned back to the mini-computer. It wasn't fair, thought the cat as he stalked over to his corner of the cave. I'm more important than that...! that...! machine! I'm his pet for crying out loud. He climbed into the nest seat that served as a bed and curled up into it, sniffing and glaring at Blues' back. I'd do anything for you and you ignore me! His thoughts had a whine to them. Why am I put after people you hardly ever see? Don't you care...?


The next thing Tango knew, night had set, but the air and temperature told him that it wasn't all that late. He blinked, still letting sleep ride his system, and yawned, stretching out. You'd think that'd I would be programmed to be more alert or something... I guess Light wanted me to be more of a house pet than a weapon. ...But his ears picked up the most unusual sound.

Silence.

He shot up imediately, looking around in a frantic motion. Nothing of the inordinary met his eye, except for one thing. That jerk! He's not even here! The cat growled. Drags me along on long and boring lookouts, and then when I'm finally accepting the fact that he does this, he leaves me! What has the world come to when a robot warrior doesn't even take his support unit with him?! My god, I'm a weapon! Not something you leave in the corner!

He sniffed and started to leave, but then the table got his attention... along with the laptop, laying as innocent as... well, as a small, nearly flat, box could be. He hissed in it's direction and left, placing the camo-brush over the entrance and set on a run through the woods.

Eventually, the trees thinned out and Tango broke into the clearing infront of Light's compound/really fancy house. He envied Beat and Rush, but wasn't very jealous. Yet, it was kind of fun, walking around and seeing how many people he can disturb before he grabbed Rasshu or Beat's attention.

He was sadly disappointed, however, as he was only able to wake up Rock. Light must've been up already or something.

The window opened and looked down at the howling green tabby, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "...Tango? Is it trouble or are you just asking if Rush can play?"

"Meaow." It wasn't urgent or desperate in tune... and Rush seemed to know what it meant, since the canine was nudging the back of his knee. He wanted out.

"Okay, okay. Git, you goofy dog," Rock teased and Rush beamed at him, happily leaping out the window... and landing unceremoniously onto the ground with a thud. Tango winced and Rock shook his head in pity. Can't teach an old dog new tricks, even a robotical one.

But the red support unit was back on his feet in no time, wagging his tail and all smiles. Tango couldn't help but give a light one in return. "Where's Beat?"

"With Roll, over at Dr. Cossack's place. Probably to see Kalinka."

Tango frowned. "Roll isn't tristing with her, is she?"

"Kalinka's smell is pretty strong on Roll. On Beat too."

"Oh my god." Tango sniffed. "I didn't need to know this."

Rush snickered and started off for the trees on all fours, calling behind him, "Last one to Skull Castle is scrap metal!"

"Wha -- ? Hey! No fair!" Tango followed suit, bounding after him as quickly as he could.


"Terrible racer."

Tango looked up at the grinning canoid and gave a pouty frown. "You're not going to let this go, are you?"

Rush shook his head and nuzzled into Tango's cheek; the feline purred in response. "What do you think?"

"I guess that's a big, fat no."

The pair were at the base of Wily's fortress, which looked like someone had gone and threw a serious temper tantrum. Numerous blast marks littered over the ground and metal towers. But they weren't concerned. Wily was still alive and working, that much hung in the air. "Sure do fight a lot here."

"Yeah... But we aren't here to solve the mysteries of 'the bad guys'. Just start howling and hope he's not humping someone's leg."

"Gross..."


Treble grinned toothily as he slid the pile of pennies on the table over to his side. Slashman only made a frown as Pluto started hissing like a wildcat. "I accuse you of cheating! Wretched mongrel!"

If it wasn't obvious, the three were playing poker. And the purple lupinoid was taking the other two for every penny they had. Pluto just didn't seem to understand that tidbit. Pennies were worthless... Slashman would've wanted an explanation on how Treble had learned how to play so well, but Forte's support unit was stubborn when he wanted to be, so what was the point?

A crash came from outside. Down the hallway, up the stairs, and to the left. All three stopped there actions and listened.

Lots of shouting.

The voices they heard caused Pluto's tail to swing back and forth in agitation. Slashman rolled his eyes. "God, don't they shut up?"

Treble shook his head and started to deposit his earnings into a large ziplock bag. "Why would they? They're practically a married couple."

Pluto growled and, a bit tesily, said, "Married couple my ass. More like arch nemesis fuck buddies."

Slashman snickered. "Whaaat," he leered, smiling smugly at the pink Stardroid, his voice graveling his words, "don't like your boss screwing the companion of tonight's winner?"

"SHOW SOME RESPECT!"

Slashman and Treble exchanged evil smirks. The most obvious thing in the world is when someone is in love... except to the person it's aimed towards. Terra just couldn't see... Even Gutsman had some sort of clue, and he was one of the denser robots. "Hey, c'mon, Pinky. Chill before you blow your tail off."

"DO NOT CALL ME 'PINKY', YOU ABOMINAL DISGRACE OF A ROBOT! And I will not 'chill'! That is my Commander up there!"

Treble snorted and tossed his bag into the mini-teleporter. "How do you think I feel, Pluto? he said as he punched in the code for Forte's room. "My master is up there too, getting beaten and fighting back, screwing and getting screwed."

Slashman waved a hand in dismissal that. "Okay, I will not start listening to whinning anthropomorphs bitching about their love life problems and all that kinky crap you two tend to talk about in the midst of these affairs when you try to out do each other with your damn imaginations."

"Oh, you're no fun. It's not like -- " His ear pricked up and Treble looked over to the window. Aw hell yeah! "Excuse me boys, but I have a date to keep."

Slashman and Pluto gave the wolf dirty looks as he abandoned them, charging out of the room on all fours. They could hear it now as well.

Pluto rose an eyebrow and folded his arms to emphasize it. "Isn't conversing with the enemy punishable by death?"

"If only it was," rasped Slashman, pushing himself out of his seat. "Unfortunately, Wily couldn't give a shit about what we do, unless we just so happened to be named Forte. Game of tag?"

"Might as well."


"And another thing. We need to get your speech pattern altered. It's atrocious."

"Stop using big words! Not a dictionary!"

"Then start using pronouns!"

Rush half-lidded his eyes in annoyance. It wasn't his fault that he was the prototype for animal Transla-bots with a flawed system. Now, if Dr. Light could just give him a speech box, things would be so much easier to get across.. "Can't and you know it."

"Both of you, stop you're bickering," came the growl from behind the bushes, moments before the wolf sauntered into the clear with a stride heavily attuned to his lupine persona. "I could hear you from the castle entrance."

Both bowed their heads in embarrassment, until Rush cocked his head towards the tabby and said accusingly, "Started it."

Tango glared. "Why you dirty excuse for a dog! You should be dragged into the middle of the street and shot for lying!"

"Better a dirty dog than a sick kitty!"

"Shut up!"

Back to square two. "Sorry Gospel," was the doubled reply.

Gospel's eye twitched in irritation, but shook it with a sigh. Obviously, the two never meant what they said... but it was still god awfully annoying. "So, what's up for tonight?"

"Said last week time to complain about owners this time," said Rush, scratching the back of his head with a foot. He may have been humanoid, but old habits die hard. "Do we have complaints?"

"You never do, bird head," mumbled Tango, half lidding his eyes. "Rock's always with you and you're always with him. You run and play and kick evil's swollen butt. What's to gripe about?"

"Umm.... Life too perfect?"

Gospel and Tango matched dramatic sighs. "Trust me, Rush. You want that perfect life. You're always warm."

"Always fed."

"Rock doesn't ignore you half the time."

"Or all the time."

"You can be as carefree as you want -- "

" -- because your owner isn't into scouting and observing the quiet."

"Or an evil bastard who doesn't like carefree."

"And Rock likes to think with his heart more than with his head."

"Or his dick."

Rush and Tango blanched at that and stared wide eyed at Gospel. The lupine just shrugged a shoulder and ran a hand through his dark violet strands. "Well, it's true. Forte's screwed Terra 19 times in the last week. And all I get to do about it is tease Pluto about it."

"Why tease Pluto? Likes Terra?"

Gospel grinned lazily and leaned back on a treetrunk. "Oh, very much indeed, koi. The alien, pink furball is head over heels insane for his green-haired commander. Funny thing is... Terra wants Mercury. And the irony?"

"Mercury likes Pluto, I take it."

Gospel reached over to pet Tango on the head. He got in a few before Tango's disgust rang true and moved his head out of arms's length. "Furball wants wood nymph. Wood nymph wants scaly lizard. Scaley lizard wants furball. And Forte's getting some nymph ass when what he really wants is Rock's precious virginity."

Rush blinked in disbelief. "Can't be serious!"

"Ah, but I am, Rasshu." He slid closer to the red support unit and nipped leisurely at his ear. "Forte tells me everything... and trust me, he wants Rock baaad."

"Ahem!" Tango shot them both annoyed glares and waved them off. "Please, I don't need to add 'canines making out' to the list of bizarre things I've seen in my lifetime. Besides," his frown was poutish, "at least Rock and Forte talk to you. I have to howl and kick up a stink just to get Blues to say hi to me."

"Heh. That bad, eh pussy cat?"

"Oh, it get's worse, Treb." Tango smiled falsely, but began to fade fast as his anger was vented. "He hardly knows I exist and just a little while ago, he left me in the place we're staying while he goes out to do god know WHAT! What kind of asshole would leave his support unit behind?! He doesn't talk except maybe to scold me for doing something wrong. I have to beg to get his attention. And if that's considered 'liking' me, then he is beyond enfatuated with his laptop. He honors and worships the very ground its non-existant feet walk on! If we're not out spying on everyone, then he's on that stupid thing!!"

Gospel snorted and laid his head down in Rush's lap. "He needs to get fucked really bad."

"That's what I thought!" Tango began pacing. "But there isn't a single pheromone or hormone leaking from his body. It's like he's ill-equipped!"

"Was first made, Tango," commented Rush. "Maybe true. Or maybe not sex fiend like others."

Tango looked crestfallen at that and slumped where he stood. "That's not what I want to hear."

"And why not?" The gears were turning in Gospel's head and the leering smirk on the wolf's face proclaimed he knew the answer. "What do you want to hear?..."

Tango pursed his lips and looked away, plopping back down onto the ground; he looked as miserable as a cat who was just thrown into a lake and as dejected as a person slapped by a loved one.

"Want Blues, don't you?"

The tabby closed his eyes and bit his lip, breaking the skin with a fang. His confession was solemn and dead. "Never as a cat did I ever feel the need to have more than what I had of him. Still don't, because there's no attraction. No lust, no need, just... petting would have been nice. And he did pet me. A lot. I was part of his world before the operation. After that.... he began to distance.

"That didn't curb what I slowly began to feel in this form. But when I finally realised what he did to me... against me, it hurt.

"I went into a bit of denial. That everything was fine and all that needed to get out of the way was that fucking computer," he spat venomously. "But maybe the problem is... me. I like being human....ish.. However, if this keeps going on, I'd gladly go back to permanently being a cat instead of switching between the two. ...Rather have him back than live like I do now."

A pair of arms caught the tabby off-guard, but the sight of vermillion hair just made him sigh and bow his head until it touched a shoulder. All the while, Gospel just watched, sprawled out on the ground with his tail swinging from side to side, a slightly jealous glint in his blue eye as his Rush comforted the feline. But Tango had a good point. The lupinoid frowned. Ever since his own transformation, he had felt a twinge of pain every time Forte neglected him for something else.

Like Terra.

"Love is stupid, Tango," he said flatly. "Terra's smart, observant and keen, but he can't see, and probably never will, is that Pluto wants him. Pluto's fucking crazy about him.... and Terra just can't see it. If Pluto wants him to know, the only way to make sure he gets the message is for Pluto to tell him... but the furball has too much pride and it's hurting him. Cutting him deep. And it won't ever stop."

Tango peered out from his current haven, unblinking and unmoving except to follow Rush's rocking movements. He knew what Gospel was saying between the lines. If you want to show Blues how much his worthless ass means to you, you need to tell him, show him, because if you don't, it'll only hurt more. Swallow your pride and do what you think is right. "Maybe all Pluto needs is a bit of help."

And all Gospel did was smile knowingly. "Maybe he does. Maybe he does..."


Tango narrowed his eyes as he returned home. There was no way he was waiting for Blues to come back. Call it going on strike against his programming, but the cat prefered to call it... being upset all over again. Gospel's right. If Terra doesn't notice Pluto's fawning, then how can I expect Blues to see my attempts?... But I doubt that. Blues knows what's happening on the other side of the frickin' world. He's acute and perceptive, observant and has eyes going around his whole damn head!

He sighed a headed for his bed, passing by the laptop on the table, its blue glow lightly up a small part of the stone wall -- Waitaminute! Tango swerved his gaze over to the mini-computer, eyeing it with suspicion. He knew it definitely wasn't on when he left and the running program was easily identified.

Tracker Search. Bleh. What could be so important that he'd leave the stupid contraption on -- He's home? Tango imediately took a look around and metally smacked himself when he chose to ignore looking in the least expected place and found him in there...

...and he never wanted to leave.

Blues was, for the first time in the felinoid's eyes, disorderly and unorganized, sprawled out on his cot, flat on his back. Knuckles of one hand brushed against the floor and his other arm draped across a very well toned chest. A dark blue sheet was wrapped around his hips, just barely making the borderline of being decently exposed. But the way it was tossed around his legs make it seem like he had fought with the sheets. Maybe he had.

Tango's bio-signature skipped a few beats in his chest at the sight thrown before him. My god, he looks delicious.

The cat padded in softly; he had never seen Blues asleep before. Who knew if he was a heavy sleepy or not? Tango sat at the end of the cot, where the snow white haired head rested on a pillow much too flat. The kagemusha's chest rose and fell in a dull rhythm and Tango lifted his hands over Blues' mouth. He almost giggled at the ticklish breath that touched his human-modeled fingers. He could sense the heat, hear the sound, see the motion of breathing. The green tabby's curiosity got to him. How would it taste?

This wasn't the first time he had wondered what kissing was like. The pecks on the cheek from Rush, Gospel, and Beat didn't count. That was their way of affection. ....Blues' way of affection meant saving people's behinds and Tango wasn't one of those. He was left to defend for himself, which he could do, no sweat... but it still hurt a little.

Away from the puffs of hair he moved and before he could think twice, a single clawed finger dragged itself lightly through the white strands. They were soft. Not silky or coarse, just soft. It made him wonder if this was how Dr. Light intentionally made him or if this was an upgrade.

His attention was too occupied to notice that midnight blue eyes began to flutter open at the mere hints of touches. The hand was snatched back, as if burned, when Blues did stir, tired eyes fluttering open. "...Tango? That's you.. right?"

Tango gulped nervously, not knowing what to do. But a tiny conformation in the shape of a "m'row" was able to make Blues, more or less, awake and twist himself around, blinking at the tabby. "Where were you?"

There was a small edge in that voice, an edge that cut through the toughest metal like a hot knife through butter. Tango could only bow his head. But what was he supposed to do? Stay there until he came back? That could've taken from two minutes to two days. The buzzsaw feline wasn't as dependant as Rush was to Rock; he had always been independant, ever since he cracked his coding to stay at Roll's side.

So, he tried his best to relay the main details. Tango shrugged, guiltily, and held up his hand, making a scissor motion and moved it along. He stopped then and made the stupidest imatation of a dog he could do; no one really thought highly of Rush's intelligence. And then it was back to the bounding fingers, except now there was a second pair. He stilled them and then touched his thumbs together, pointer fingers in the air. A 'W'. He hit the sign to his head and did the best impression of a howl a cat could do. Tango held up three fingers after that, one for him, one for Rush, and one for Gospel and started to make his hands 'converse' with each other.

The expression on Blues face was one of amusement. Tango blushed and looked down at the floor -- Hey... His face may still have been stained pink, but he had enough pride to cross his arms and look generally pissed. "I should be asking you that! You're the one who left first!" "Marowr raow hrrreow! Purrow maow!"

The accusation was obvious. Blues rose an eyebrow inquisitively. "Upset that I left you behind?"

Tango nodded firmly.

A nonchalant shrug. "I had to do something. Didn't need anyone getting in the way."

What? Getting in the way....? That hurt; Tango cringed mentally. What kind of heart do you have, Blues? ... What the hell kind of heart do you have?! You say you care... about what?! If I had a human voice, I'd give you a serious piece of my mind! But his physical reaction was less than pleasent. In fact, he'd never done it towards Blues ever... He hissed.

The sound wasn't too impressive, but it was the feeling behind it that counted. Blues frowned with a sigh and sat up, wrapping the sheet around his hips before standing up. Tango was quicker to get to his feet and almost made it out of the room.

"Tango."

Almost. No Blues.. I will not turn around, I will not -- He turned around. Darn it.

Blues' expression was scathed and Tango felt his own fall. His partner looked so.. hurt. "Stay for a minute, neko."

His tail twitched nervously. .....Tell me.

The kagemusha moved closer, the sheets dragging, undignified, behind him. "Tango, there are many things you, and everyone else, don't understand and I can't burden you with a heavy responsibility such as this."

The human-formed feline bowed his head.

"But, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your patience lasting this long as well as your help." A hand reached out and gingerly stroked the green-striped cheek. "I know I ignore you and I can't say enough how sorry I am for denying your presense. I can't -- ..." Blues took a deep breath and exhaled lightly, bringing Tango's chin up and his eyes away from the floor. "You are a help to me, Tango. If I could prove to you how much you mean to me, I would without a second though, hands down."

Tango only stared, his mind forcing courage into a strong want. A want of the robot before him. Not the master, the kagemusha, the thief, the liar, the deceiving, the complex, the partner, the spy. Just... Blues. The man. If only I could talk. If only he could understand me like Pluto and Slashman can understand Gospel. If only... this.

The motion was sudden, unexpected, and, gods, utterly unstoppable for the gijinka-pet. Tango's lips were upon the shadow's in a breathless heartbeat, shy yet so hungry, but lacking real experience. Motivation drove him, however, and being unknowledged hardly hindered his performance. Oh, but a heaven to feel a hand slip behind his back and press the flat of a palm against the space inbetween his shoulder blades, drawing him closer to the warm body no longer inches away.

And the unadulterated vigor behind it's return was quick to make Tango forget just who started this bout. Another arm encircled his back for support as the tabby's legs liquified and only served to worsen when Tango felt the barest hint of a tongue flickered at his lips, seeking to break a well-constructed seal and create a whole new one in its place.

All Tango was capable of was purring as he readily complied with Blues' request, at the same time letting a clawed hand tangle in the white hair, the tips of his fingers raking lightly over Blues' scale. The cat was just able to feel the light tremble go through the body against him and was then invaded so intimately that his instinct to bite down never occured.

An eternity seemed to have passed before the lock broke, but a quick check to an internalized clock told the anthropomorphic feline that it had barely been two minutes. Too, too short, but he didn't have another chance to bring back that feeling when a finger came up to his bruised lips.

"Breathe, neko."

A rush of air whispered past the digit and Tango blushed sheepishly. He knew there had been something missing...

But again, breathing was forgotten when he saw how much darker Blues' eyes had gotten. His breath had caught at the sight of near black sapphires just glittering in... Can I faint here? Oh god, fainting would be nice.

But scarcely a moment went by before that same finger brushed aside sage-green from his forehead and Blues laid a light kiss there. Just a small one that seemed to have no significance. On the contrary, it meant the world to Tango. Why shouldn't he relish in the same gift given only to Rock before him?

"Welcome home, Tango."


Notes

Blues: ... -_- You changed my hair and eye color again.

^-^; But I can't help eet! You look ultra sezzy *_* wif silvery white hair... or Zechs-platinum... or with the salt'n'pepper layers! ^_^ I still like you with black though. =D And really dark blue eyes looks so sexy on light-peach skin and white hair in dim lighting. *_* It's almost too must handle~!

Blues: *raises an eyebrow and stalks away* *murmuring* Changing my hair color and eye color... and my height constantly. *shouts and childishly stamps his foot* >_< Make up your damn mind, woman!

*_* *sigh* I lurb heem.

Koarin: ... Should we tell her that this story could rot Willy Wonka's teeth, it was so sappy and disgustingly sweet?

Zack: Nah. Let her keep her ingenuitive fantasy that all her stuff is wonderful and just nod your head in agreement. .... Besides, *grin* I never pinned him as the bestiality type. No wonder he likes Cloud.

Blues: Shizuka ni, bakayarou! >_<

Koarin: *pats Zack's shoulder in mock sympathy* And to the unknowledgable of japanese, he just told you to 'shut your flabbering, fat lips, you brainless, moronic piece of horseshit'.

Blues: In only so many words, I'll have you know.


Fanfiction