Part Two


X shivered slightly, then sighed and curled up against the warmth that surrounded him. It was a warmth he was unfamiliar with, both protective and reassuring. It filled his senses, chasing away the nightmares that plagued him while bringing wonderful sensations of peace.

X smiled, ever so slightly, as his eyes slowly began to open. His eyes were greeted by unfamiliar surroundings: a cold, eerie room with barely any furniture and two doors that led to somewhere unknown. The only item in the room that seemed even partially friendly was the large bed, which he currently laid on. However, even the bed sent a surge of panic in to X.

Particularly since Vile was lying next to him, arms wrapped around his body.

X squeaked in surprise and squirmed, only to find himself pulled closer to Vile. X stared at Vile, uncertain if he were awake due to the helmet covering his face. He glanced about, then attempted to slip out of Vile's arms.

"Good morning,"

X jumped with a startled cry, then whirled to stare at Vile. A small flicker of red appeared in the eye slots before disappearing. Vile continued to stare at X, his arms firmly wrapped around X's lithe waist.

"Did you sleep well," Vile asked, quietly. X simply stared before slowly nodding. Vile grinned, which X felt more than saw, and leaned close. "Good... I know I did," he hissed. X shivered and pulled away from Vile, eying him warily.

"W-what do you want?" he asked. Vile tilted his head, ever so slightly.

"Nothing," Vile replied, purring. "I've got all I could ever want right now,"

"I... don't understand," X whispered. "... Why am I here?"

"I saw what Zero did to you," Vile muttered, almost distantly. "That bastard will suffer for it. And he'll suffer at my hand," Vile's eyes suddenly sparked with a violent red. He leaned close to X. "I'll banish him from your nightmares... banish him from your thoughts... I'll replace all images of him with me. You'll never think of him again. Thus... he'll suffer to the fullest extent of agony,"

X could only stare in shock and confusion as Vile began to massage his back with his gloved fingers.

"He doesn't deserve you...," Vile purred. "You're mine... no one may kill you but me... no one may hold you but me... no one may kiss you but me..." With each word, he drew closer and closer until his helmet was only inches away from X's. He snaked one hand about to slip off his helmet, revealing his sleek black hair and brilliant red eyes. "Don't worry, X... you'll never fight again. You'll never have to,"

"I don't -- !"

Vile silenced X instantly, leaning forward to kiss X passionately on the lips. Vile made a pleased noise as he noticed how soft and sweet X's lips were. A shiver ran through X's body as Vile held the small Hunter even closer. Vile ended the kiss, with great regret, and smiled at X. X stared back, bewildered, as traces of fear danced through his eyes.

"Don't be afraid," Vile whispered, leaning close so that he could press his nose against X's own.

"... How... how can I not...?" X whimpered, shivering. "You've... never given me a reason not to!"

"... then I'll give you one now," Vile replied. X didn't have time to respond before a startled yelp escaped him. Vile's fingers gently massaged his back, digging gently in to the muscle and working out all the tension. X trembled, glancing back to see what Vile was up to, then yelped again when he felt Vile's teeth nip at the side of his neck. Vile chuckled, then X felt the sticky warmth of Vile's tongue touch his skin. The azure Hunter closed his eyes, his breath coming out as ragged gasps.

X knew it was wrong. Every fiber in his body told him that everything Vile did was horribly wrong. Atleast, the parts of his body that weren't graced by Vile's magic touch. With each touch of his fingers or flicker of his tongue, Vile slowly worked his way around X's fear and reservation toward his goal; X's own desires.

X bit his lower lip and shook his head.

"N-no...," he whimpered.

"X..." Vile murmured, before nibbling X's ear. "Forget him... forget him and remember only me... Zero's hurt you... Zero doesn't love you... Zero doesn't want you... Zero doesn't deserve you..."

"..." X closed his eyes, his entire body going tense. "... Zero..."

"... If Zero loved you... would he have hurt you?" Vile asked, his fingers moving lower with each second. X tensed, then slowly relaxed.

"... No..." X admitted, quietly.

"... If Zero loved you.... would he have made you cry? Make you cry yourself to sleep?" Vile continued, slowly slipping off X's armored pants with his experienced fingers.

"... no..." X whispered, shaking ever so slightly.

"... If Zero loved you... if Zero truly cared at all..." Vile breathed, pulling X even closer. "... wouldn't he be the one... right here... right now... instead of me? Wouldn't it be him... that is making you feel good?"

X slowly lifted his head, eyes shimmering with tears, as he looked in to Vile's eyes. Vile lean closed and touched his lips to X's once more. When the kiss finally broke, X shifted slightly and held Vile's gaze once more.

"... Vile... I..." he muttered. Vile smirked and kissed X's chin, lightly. X closed his eyes and leaned back against the bed. Slowly, he covered his face with his hands and let out a heart wrenching sob. "... I'm hurting... so... much... it won't stop... I can't make it stop..." X choked.

"... Let me..."

X opened his eyes, moving his hands away, and blinked.

"... Let me, X," Vile whispered.

"... Let you... what?" X asked.

"... Let me take that ache away,"


Zero darted through the halls of Maverick Headquarters, following the signal from X's communicator. He growled deep in his throat as he charged past bewildered metools and lesser reploids.

"If he hurt him..." Zero seethed. "If he touched one hair on X's head... I'll rip him apart... PIECE.... BY... PIECE!"

Zero continued to run, through doors and hallways without any hesitation about alerting the Mavericks to his presence. The only thoughts he had were of X.

The signal grew stronger as he darted through the maze-like complex before, finally, he came to a single door. Zero growled, his hand darting towards the hilt of his beam sabre, before he swung his foot. His foot hit the door, knocking it clean off of its hinges. With a battle cry, Zero lunged in to the room.

Vile looked up, calmly, while holding X against his body as the two laid on his bed. Zero and Vile stared at each other, the first bewildered while the other completely indifferent. After a moment of silence, Zero pointed his beam sabre at Vile's head.

"What... have... you... done..." Zero hissed, his breath dripping with hatred. Vile smirked slightly.

"... See for yourself," Vile chuckled. He turned to gaze, fondly, at X. With great tenderness, he shook the slumbering X. X gave a start and blinked, blurrily, before turning to stare at Vile. "Someone's here to see you, angel," Vile purred. X blinked once more, then turned to look at Zero.

"X..." Zero muttered, his voice full of concern as he kept an eye on Vile. "Did he...? Are you alright? Has he hurt you...?"

X stared, blankly, at Zero. He blinked again, his bright eyes sparkling in the darkness. Vile smirked, sinisterly, as his arms tightened their grip on X. Zero hissed at Vile, then stared at X.

"X...? What... what's wrong?" he asked.

X continued to stare, confused.

"... Who are you?"


Part 3   |   Fanfiction