Comfort


He slumped wearily back into his room; an arm wrapped tightly around his waist, trying to stench the pain that shot across his side every time he stepped. He felt like crying so badly, but the tears wouldn't come. He idly wondered if he had forgotten how to begin, or if he even knew how to at all.

His hand trembled as he slowly, painfully lowered himself onto his bed, hissing when his arm protested at the weight, but refusing to fall should he damage his chest even more. He had been beaten again. Both by Mega Man and by Wily. He was surprised that he could breath let alone drag himself to his quarters from Wily's lab.

A strangled sound moved its way passed his throat and he gripped his pillow tightly, trying to ignore the pain of the beatings and the wounds of betrayal that clawed at his mind. He had been beaten before, but the words, the disgust of his failing in his 'surrogate' father's eyes made him want to kill himself. All he wanted... all he wanted was to be proud of himself, of his abilities. To not fail the man that took him in, gave him a purpose. His nails bit into his palm, a sharp contrast from one of the few places that hadn't been harmed.

He heard the door to his quarters open with a gentle hiss, cool air from the corridor waving over his back.

"Pharaoh? Pharaoh, you in here?"

Oh God, not him... He burrowed his head into the pillow, not wanting Magnet to see him in the state he was in. It hurt too much as it is, please, don't make it hurt more...

But the other found him, curled down the middle of the bed, and sat next to him. Close enough to comfort but not enough to invade his space. He placed a hand on the other's back, feeling tight muscles that quivered, begging for a release.

He didn't want Magnet to be there, to watch as he tried his hardest not to break. But it was so hard; he want to just let everything go. He didn't want to be a failure anymore. He didn't want anything.

Slowly, with soothing noises, Magnet pulled him up to a seated position, leaning against his shoulder as the sandstone armor came off, piece by piece, rubbing the delicate, bruised skin with gentle motions. He nuzzled the other's neck, inhaling the musk and smoky, fragrant dust that rolled off of him, blowing gently on the curled baby black strands of hair trailing down the back of his neck. Magnet kissed the junction gently, giving little at the moment, but offering more should it be taken.

He almost started to cry then, when his friend moved their hands to join, almost enticingly. He leaned back, thankful for the support, shivering as the cool air brushed his sensitive skin as the shallow gray body suit parted down the middle, sliding down his shoulders to his waist.

Magnet stopped there, knowing how much control meant to his friend. He butted his nose lightly against the desert-tanned shoulder, sucking gently at it, nibbling even lighter on the crown of the joint. And they stayed like that for a moment, one sat between the spread legs of the other, resting his back against the cold armor of the other's chest as he tasted the tortured, sweet sweat, arms wrapped lightly around the partially bared waist.

He turned his head, sun-spun eyes tired and dull, and he kissed Magnet gently, seeking comfort more than pleasure, turning his torso to unlatch the armor with familiar hands. Magnet leaned back, letting himself be controlled, moving only when needed to, touching only to encourage. But it was enough.

He became bolder, nipping along the jaw, running his hands over the smooth, less developed chest as it became exposed from under the black body suit. Magnet gasped, mouth begging to be kissed as the two bereft themselves of clothing. Their bodies became alive again, moving together in familiar rhythm. Even the intrusion of fingers rubbing along the inside of him became a sweet pain that Magnet adored. It was no longer just a search for comfort, but also for belonging. For having a place to be, somewhere to belong.

Fingers dug into his shoulders as something larger, more brilliant pressed against him, entering him, filling him with exquisite pain. The arms moved around Magnet, wrapping and pressing against his back so the two would meld, chest to chest as they moved, the friction delicious and agonizing. Magnet gasped in a sort of wonder, a strand of black hair clinging to the corner of his mouth as the other tucked his head against the shoulder and neck, teeth braced against skin as they moved, waiting for the moment everything rushed out.

The dark room was washed in a shinning light and Magnet could still feel the other moving against him, sticky and wet in an alluring heat, a deep scent that sent him over the edge. He didn't realize it at first, the slight shock of pain that anchored him in the room, pulling him back as the warm, wet tongue licked away the bloody wine after the skin had torn. He almost missed the trembling shoulders had his arms not been wrapped around them, sheltering him, feeling cold tears as they slipped onto his neck, running down to pool at the hollow of his collar.

The words they spoke to each other then, even though said in the honesty found in the deepest realms of their hearts, the promises they swore upon, the feelings that spilled, all those would be forgotten and never mentioned again. It wasn't an act of love, nor was it just sex, it was comfort in its purest form, giving them both something to hang on to, made them belong. It wasn't love, but it was friendship. And that was all they could ask for.


Fanfiction