Slayers Pre-School


There's a slightly middle aged woman, lets just call her Mona shall we?, sipping her java and watching the little angels in her care playing. She glances at her watch and seeing the time; she begins to dispare.

"Oh wonderful." she sighs, "The little demons are due to arrive about now."

As if summoned up by magic the first one comes. A young girl with long black hair bounces into the room. In her arms is a happily smiling baby girl, they approach the sitter.

"Hello Mom!" The brunette cries.

"Please don't call me mom, and for the love of all things Naga, DON'T LAUGH!" the poor woman replies.

"Ah, okay. Well here's Amelia. I've gotta run. Byebye sissy!" Naga waves and hurries off.

"Well hello baby Amelia." The sitter says to the child. "Are we going to be good and stay on the ground today?"

Baby Amelia giggles and claps her hands with delight. Mona gives up hope and puts the little thing down with some other young children. She gets up in time to meet the next few arrivals.

"Hello Mrs. Metallium. And hello to you too little Xellos."

"Hi Mom!" Xellos pipes, "Where's Lina-chan?" he scurries off in his search.

"Hello Mrs. Gabriev! Hello Gourry!"

"Hi MoM!" Gourry walks over with a big smile and hugs Mona before skipping off.

"Hello Mr. Rada. Hello Sylphiel."

The young girl smiles shyly, and spotting a certain blond playmate, runs over to him.

"Ah, H.. hello Ms. Inverse."

"Hi Mom." The purple haired waitress answers. "Lina be good". she comands a spunky young red head, who has already gone to join Sylphiel and Gourry.

"Well looks like they're all here" Mona sighs in dismay when a tinkling sound is heard at the door. She opens it to meet a red robed priest and a pale little boy.

"Hello may I help you?" she asks.

"Yes, I'd like to leave my grandson/greatgrandson in your care. I hear this place has a supurb reputation."

"Oh Thank you." Mona replies smiling and ignoring the granpa/great bit. "I'm Mona, the sitter, I run this day care."

"Hello Mona, my name is Rezo. My grandson's name is Zelgadis. Zelgadis Greyweirs."

"Its a pleasure to meet you Zelgadis. Why don't you go meet the other children." Zel nodds and walks off as the two adults finalize things.

Lina was bored. Gourry had fallen asleep and all Sylphiel wanted to play was 'Tea Party'. She looked around to see who else she could play with when she saw the new kid sitting in the corner all alone. She walked over to the boy and poked him to get his attension.

"Hey! Who're you?"

"My name is Zelgadis."

"Cool! Zel I'm Lina let's go play!" she cried, and before he could say or do anything she dragged him off to play with some legos.

They were smiling and playing together quite happily until Lina got a strang feeling and looked over to see a smiling face staring at her.

"Quit it."

^_^

"Quit it!"

^_^

"QUIT It!"

^_^

"QUIT It!QUIT It!QUIT It! MOM!!!"

Mona rushed over to see what the problem was. "Please don't call me that.. what is it Lina."

"Xellos keeps STARING at me!" she yelled as if it were the most horrible of horrible crimes.

"Lina..." Mona sighed, "Xellos can look where ever he likes.. just ignore him."

Lina pouts cutely, "ok."

"Umm." Zel puts in softly, "How come that baby is all the way up there?"

Mona looks up at the top of the bookshelf to see baby Amelia crawling along the edge about to jump off.

"AHHHH BABY AMELIA!!!" Mona screams and dives to catch the tumbling infant just in time. "OHH, how do you get UP there???" she groans in agony.

The two new friends go back to playing once the excitement died down.

"Baby Amelia does that Every day." Lina informed her new playmate.

Xellos continued to stare and stare to no end and recieved nothing for his pains. Lina was ignoring him completely, and Xellos hated being ignored. He crawled up onto his hands and knees and placed his smiling self in front of the little red head.

"What?"

Xellos took the advantage of her complete and wondering attention to kiss her smack on the mouth. He sat back and marveled at his work as Lina did what any young toddler in this possion would do, she bawled her eyes out.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Mona having secured Amelia on the ground jummped at Lina's wailing and hurried to find out what the problem was now.

"Oh Lina, sweety what's wrong??" she asked taking out some tissues.

"XELLOS KISSED ME!!" She cried, "NOW I'M GONNA GET CUTIES AND DIE!!!"

Mona wiped the distressed girls tears and looked sternly at Xellos, "Xellos! What did I tell you about kissing the girls and making them cry?!"

Xellos smiled "That I shouldn't do it. But I would never give Lina-chan cuties!"

Lina stoped crying and sniffing she asked "No?"

"Nope!' Xellos happily informed her, "Cuz when I grown Up I'm going to marry Lina-chan!"

The news set poor little Lina crying even harder.

"AHH Xellos!" Mona cried, desperate. "You're too young to be thinking about marriage!"

"I'm 96!"

Demons! Mona growled in her mind, "That's still too young!"

Zel looked sadly at his weeping friend. She was so much fun and he hated to see her so upset. "Don't worry Lina!" he said soothingly, "When I grow up I'll be big and strong and I'll make sure you never get married to him."

Lina stopped crying and stared at the concerned boy. "ZEl... YOU'RE THE BESTEST BUDDY A GIRL COULD EVER HAVE!" she shouted with glee and hugged him until he blushed and smiled along with her.

Awn, how cute Mona thought. Well that's one crisis averted.., "AHH BABY AMELIA NOT AGAIN!!!!"

A few hours later Mona stood up to face the enevitable. "Ok kids! Lunch Time!"

"FOOD!!!" Lina shouted and dragged Zel to the little lunching area, Xellos floating behind.

"Wha.. FOOD!!!" Gourry started awake and ran with all the other starving kids to the lunching area.

All hell broke loose as the children tore through thier meal like mad savages. A small food fight was started by Lina throwing a half-empty juice box at xellos, but was quickly supressed when the thought of having to use her precious goodies at ammo came up. Zel shared his peanut butter cookies with Lina and gained a friend for life. She in turn decided to do the noble thing a gave him an animal cracker, that she had helped bake herself. Xellos stared longingly at the young love of his immortal life until she gave in and gave him a cookie too. Xellos treasured the piece of affection and held it close to his heart for the entire afternoon.

After lunch the hassled Mona needed a break. And she knew the only way to get it was.. "Ok kids! Nap Time!"

With much protesting she herded the kids into the spare room and settled them into their cots.

"But! MOM!" Lina cried desperately.

"What is it Lina." Mona asked.

"Xellos ALWAYS sneaks into my cot! Make him stay in his own!"

Sighing the sitter turned to the smirking mazuku, "Xellos will you stay in your own cot? Well??"

"That's a secret."

Sighing in defeat she left them to thier naps and settled down to a few hours of complete quiet.

Lina glared suspiciously at the grinning demon child and turned to Zel. "Hey Zel!" she whispered.

"What?"

"You ahh..." she mubbled.

"Oh.. ok." Zel said, reading her mind, slid off his bed and walked over to hers. Together they snuggled up and drifted off to sleep.

Time passed and parents and guardiens came to collect. They dropped off checks and picked up dozing toddlers.

"Hello Mr. Seyrunn. Here's baby Amelia."

"Thank you!" Philionel said.

"Hello Mr. Rada and Mrs. Gabriev. here are your children."

"Thank you!" The two smiling parents said.

"Hello Mrs. Metallium. Xellos is still sleeping." Mona said and led the blond demoness into the napping room.

"Oh now That is truely adorible." Zelas said smiling, as they looked down at the cot containing two little boys snuggling up to one petite red head.

Mona smiled and hurried back to the other room to get a camera and quickly took a picture. She promised to make a copy for Zelas and she left with a smiling Xellos.

The last to arrive were Luna Inverse and Rezo. They came in as Lina and Zel were waking up. Lina looked releaved. "Yeay! Zel you're good luck! You kept Xellos away!" Zel just smiled, happy he could do something for his friend.

The two put on their jackets and were about to go out the door. "Say, Lina." Zel started.

"Don't worry Zel! I'll see you tomorrow!"

Zel looked up and Rezo nodded. Smiling Zel waved goodbye to Lina, who did the same.

"Bye kids!" Mona said happily!

"BYE MOM!" They answered. Mona sweatdropped. "Why do they call me that!" sigh


Onward   |   Fanfiction