Chapter 5


There was more clashes of swords, blasts from spells, cries of pain and names shouted out. "Sounds like your friends are getting desperate." He smirked.

"Hmm.. you're only here to make me one of your filthy kind, well, guess what....Dynast Breath!" the icy spell came directly at him, "There's my answer."

There was a small inhuman yelp just when he was being encased. Smiles were placed unto the redhead and the violet head. "What the...?"

"Impossible!" Only to be short-lived when there was a sharp crack and disbelieving eyes stared as the frozen coffin shattered.

"Windy Shield!" Zelgadis quickly shielded themselves from the flying chips and bricks of ice. "His master is most likely to be the Dark Lord Dynast Grauscherra."

"That would explain why he doesn't have even a scratch on him." A maniacal laugh was followed before he spoke "Did you expected me to just die? Uh ah...my Master would not even harm me unless I fail or displease him in any way. Allow me to demonstrate one of my new powers to you humans." he phased in and out in front of Zel, punching his stone body causing him to be thrown across the field.

"ZELGADIS!!!" she screamed as she ran towards him but Hallis has other plans as he grabbed her arms.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk...my dear..why would you waste your love and time on a stone-hearted chimera. He can't appreciate you like the way I do." She backed away, snatching her arms back in the process, and cast a huge fireball.

"Get out of my way you damn mazuko!!" she hissed and threw it only to miss as he levitated.

"Now, come with me or..." he phased and held a fallen and injured Zelgadis. A glow covered him once it's dimenish, he was bound by unbreakable chains, then an enchanted blade glowing a sickly and evil green, appeared in his hands and to her sweetheart's neck."...or do I have to resort into killing."

"Lina, don't do it...get outta here...run.." he gasped as he felt both cold steel cutting his golem skin and his warm blood trickling down his neck.

"Well? What's it going to be?" staring at the horrified Lina (she's only pretending to be) "Come with me, be by my side for eternity as a mazuko or lover boy here.." pressing the blade harder, causing more blood to flow more freely unto his blue skin. "....gets it."

Her eyes expresses her anger within "I don't deal with mazuko scum...so how about if you just settle for.... ELMEKIA..."

"I wouldn't cast any kind of spell if I were you, unless you want him dead." She dispersed the spell.

"Lina... don't worry about me! Save yourself -- please.. I rather die than let any anyone, especially this thing touch you."

"Oh Zel..." She saw how serious he is when his eyes are full of pain and sorrow mixed with love and hatred.

"Ah...how sweet. He's willing to sacrifice himself then let his, or should I say, MY Lina to be with someone else how....pathetic."

"SHUT UP YOU BASTARD!"

"Talk again chimera and you won't even have a chance to see my Lina leaving with me." She doesn't know what to do...she can't cast the Dragon Slave due to the fact that Zel is there with him and any other spells she knows will either do the same or they're too weak to be used against the converted Hallis. She kept pondering, but all came out in the same result....she can't cast anything.

Damnit!! What am I going to do now?...If I could only get him to leave Zel's side then I... she realized that Hallis was getting impatient by raising the dagger aiming to his heart "NO!! Please don't hurt him." she reached her hand out as she fell to her knees, tears flowing from her eyes as she sobbed. I can't believe I have to resort to this...oh please let him buy it. She begins to sob louder when she buried her face in her hands. "Well?" She stood up and trudged towards them, feigning defeat. "I...I... will go with you." she choked.

Lina, I hope you know what you're doing. judging Lina's act and intentions even as he starts whispered hoarsely "Lina..."

He chuckles at the two humans' anguish "Peacefully?"

"Peacefully."

"Lina, I don't want to live if you leave me."

"That can be arranged chimera."

He starts to raise the dagger again "STOP!!!" the sorceress screamed "You said you won't hurt him if I leave with you, peacefully."

"I will only hold my part of the bargain if you will keep up with yours."

"What else do you want...I'm leaving with you ain't I?"

"True...but you forget, I'm a mazuko now and during all these years of spying on you, I learned of your deceptions."

"What deceptions?" she looked at him innocently.

"Don't play dumb with me, my lovely Lina. I know you have something up your sleeve. And since you are not completely honest with me..." He punched Zelgadis and made a couple of slits on his body while all he can do is cry out the pain. Rage and fear gripped the tiny sorceress' heart as she saw her beloved tortured.

"Let him go or..." He stopped

"Or what? Cast your Dragon Slave?" he laughs at her fury "I figure you can't do anything that would endanger your lover here."

"Since when did you became a detective?"

"Enough talk, I'm getting bored." The blade pierces Zelgadis' neck but not too deeply, he winced at first then he starts to scream when he felt it going in deeper. "Unless you're willing to promise me that you won't do anything to me..."

"Oh hell... I promise." this time she really cries.

"Good, very good." feeling her weakness.

She's really crying, that would only mean.... "LINA!!! Nooooo!!! his voice cracked. He became fully aware by the time she cried despite the fact he was in and out of consciousness from the blood loss.

She kneeled next to him "I'm sorry Zel...but I have to..." his teary oceanic blue eyes locked with her crimson watery eyes, unvoiced words came through their eyes. "Can I least heal him....please?" she closed her eyes and broke the silence. Hallis snorted and with a wave of his hand, the chains are gone.

"Go ahead...that will be the last good human thing you'll ever do."

"Lina, please don't heal me..just kill me...I don't want to lose you." tears falling from his eyes as he took Lina's casting hands away from his neck.

"Please Zel, please let me heal you."

"But.."

"No buts mister..Sleep!" His eyes drooped and fell into the spell but not before he heard, "Please forgive me Zel" and a gentle kiss on his lips. Unfortunately he didn't hear her say "I love you Zel."

Now since Zel is asleep and Lina too busy healing him, both didn't hear in the background the inhumane scream of Tendron, Filia's screaming "Namagomi!!" and "Xellos!!" from the rest of the group.


Notes

Well? What do you guys think so far? I tried to keep it more on an anguish level...please don't flame me.....Anywho....take care! Adios..

~~Miss "L"


Chapter 6   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction