Dreaming of Flowers


"Are you sure this is going to work?" I look at the dress skeptically, fingering one of the thin straps that keep it from falling off me. I've never worn anything this revealing before ... not even for that false wedding with whatever-his-name-was. It was lovely, and would seem to cover more than it did, because of all the transparent layers ...

"It looks wonderful on you, Miss Lina! And with how hot it is here, it's perfect!" I looked at myself in the mirror. It did look nice ... and deep reds and blues always have looked good on me ... Maybe Zel would like it ... "All right, Amelia, I'll wear it."

She clapped her hands and grinned at me, very happy. I found myself just hoping tonight would go well for her sake ... I wonder why she wanted to have a party tonight? It's just the few of us here ... oh well, it should help cheer me up. And the rose garden should be fun.


Xeros glowered at Zelgadis's retreating back. Holding up his part of the plan was becoming only more difficult because of the Chimera's stubbornness. Ok, time for Plan B. Otherwise known as the make-the-chimera-screaming-mad-so-that-he-would-chase-me Plan.

First step: Apply staff to back of chimera's head while said staff is going at a speed of twenty miles per hour.

"OW!" With a snarled growl, Zelgadis continued on his way deeper into the jungle. Xeros frowned.

Second step: Introduce creme pie to chimera's face.

SPLUT Zelgadis stopped dead in his tracks and scraped the pie of his face. By his expression, he was not happy. "You. Die."

Now under threat of death, Xeros began running towards the meeting place, happily noting that Zel was following close behind with various sharp pointy implements of death. Hopefully Zel liked roses.


Part 5   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction