Dreaming by the Water


Xeros grinned, surveying his handiwork. Zel was now dressed in black velvet pants tight enough to reveal there was nothing on underneath, deep brown boots, and a loose-fitting poet's shirt with the front untied. Whistling cheerfully, Xeros dragged Zel to the side of the fountain, laying him out on the edge.

"Well now, don't we look nice. Still missing something ... ah-ha!"


Where'd Amelia go? The last I knew, she was right behind me. Oh well, I'll find her eventually. After all, there's only oh so many places you can go in here .... oh my ....Zelgadis ....Did that nervous giggle come from me? He's asleep ... and oh my, he looks good! Ripping that shirt off him is very, very tempting ... someone hit him! I can see the lumps on his head as I move him off the edge of the fountain, pillowing his head on my lap. I never was very good a white magic, I hope it works ... it did! He's waking up!

"Lina?" I smile at him, feeling happiness well up inside me. He'll be fine, I don't have to worry, he's here with me .... The words slip from me, unbidden, hopeful. "I love you, Zel."


Xeros and Amelia peered out upon the couple from their hiding spot behind some bushes. They share gleeful grins when Zel kisses Lina, then gets knocked over by her enthusiastic response. The two conspirators sneak off, giving each other high fives once safely out of hearing distance.

"It worked!" Amelia crowed, doing a mad little dance on a mushroom. The mushroom didn't survive, utterly flattened by the princess's enthusiasm. "Mr. Xeros, it worked!"

"Indeed it did." Xeros had a rather goofy grin on his face. "And it was quite fun ... " His voice trailed off, and a thoughtful look appeared on his face.

Amelia noticed this. "Mr. Xeros? What are you thinking?" She looked where he was gazing. "Why are you looking at Miss Sylpheel and Mr. Gourry?"


Part 7   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction