Fantasy in White


Would you like how I look in this dress, Gourry-sama? .... Would you even notice? I don't know. Amelia is tugging at my sleeve, trying to get me to turn around so that she can fiddle with the hem.

"There, all done!" She smiles up at me, beckoning me over to the mirror. Oh my ...

"I look like I belong in a fairy tale!" The dress is stunning, thin enough to be comfortable in the heat of the area, but modest enough that I'm comfortable wearing it. Amelia smiles proudly, giving her victory sign. I admit, she's quite cute, even though occaisionally annoying at times.

A series of clangs outside the window catch our attention. Being careful to not snag or rip the fabric, I step to the window. Gourry-sama and Zel-sama are sparring, while Miss Lina watches. There was a time when I thought she was stealing Gourry-sama from me, but now I know it's his own sense of loyalty, that keeps him by her side. It was a surprise, her affection for Zel-sama. He's such a cold, pragmatical person ... but I suppose I would be as well if people treated me like they treat him. He's warmed up so much, since they found each other. Even now, when Zel-sama and Gourry-sama take a break, she's the only one I've ever seen make him laugh ... other than that time Amelia got beaned in the face with the raquetball.

Miss Lina's kissing Zel-sama right now, and Amelia doesn't seem the least bit jealous, which surprises me. "Miss Amelia?"

I guess she notices my surprise, for she gives me a wry grin. "I'm not jealous anymore, seeing how happy Miss Lina makes him. He's loved her for a very long time."


Xeros skulked along, Sylpheel's diary in hand, watching the sparring match. "Just how in the nine hells am I going to get him to read this?"

He frowned, thinking on the problem. And nearly got beaned with a golf ball from the nearby golf course. Swearing under his breath, he picked it up and threw it back .... into one of the sandpits, where it was stolen by an insane groundhog. Xeros turned his attention back to the problem of getting Gourry to read the diary.


Part 9   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction