Part 13


"Dinnertime!" Sasami called from the main door, bringing all the workers back into the house norm to eat. Rezo opted to eat in the lab and keep an eye on the people in the medlab.

Dinner was quiet that night, subdued even, as it became know just how bad a condition things were in. Washu looked towards Lina, whose face was pale and only picked at her food. "Lina, I need to know more about your world. Just what does making a Golem entail?"

"Basically someone carves a crude shape from rock, hollows out the head, and a priest places a holy script within the head and prays for the god, or goddess, that the priest follows to animate the golem. There is another version, albeit a much more temporary kind. The kind I can call up with a spell, whose physical form is dictated by my will." Lina's voice was hoarse, as if she had been crying. "I don't know if either version will work here."

"And considering Zel's condition, I don't think so." Washu caught Lina's wince at Zel's name out of the corner of her eye. "But I do have an idea now, on how to help him."

Everybody looked at Washu hopefully. "C'mon everybody, this is most likely going to take a lot."


Within the labe, Washu led everyone to a large tank mostly full of water with a tree floating in it. A tree, and several brownish-grey blobs, none of them bigger than a large dinner roll.

Washu clapped her hands, gaining everyone's attention. "Listen up! I need to get portions of my lab up and running if I'm going to have the medical equipment I need. Yosho, Ryoko, Kagato, and Rezo, I'm going to be directing you in the medlab. The rest of you, can you please help clean up this lab? I need it clean if I'm going to be growing tissue culture here." Without saying a word, people left to work on their tasks, nodding confirment before leaving.

When the motion had ceased, only a crying redhead remained in the room, huddled against the tank.


Part 14   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction