Part 21


"Urrgh ... " Nobuyuki groaned, lying down on the couch. Firia, Aeyka, Amelia, Zeris, and Sasami, the couch's previous inhabitants, were handing out drinks.

"Are you all right, Father?" Tenchi asked, kneeling next to the couch. Nobuyuki groaned again, lifting a hand to his head. "Just where ... did all ... these people come from?"

"From another world." Aeyka said, bringing another tray of lemon-mint tea out of the kitchen. Koro snagged a glass and chugged it down, in glaring contrast to Rezo's calm sips of his own drink. Both men were neat and quiet, but Koro was definitely more flamboyant.

"I don't want to know ... " Nobuyuki mumbled, sitting up to take a glass of tea. "Second of all, how are we going to feed all these people? My wages won't even barely cover the expenses."

Firia and Aeyka smiled, their identical expressions causing hair to rise on the backs of several necks. Firia spoke first. "Well, we'll have to get jobs, won't we?"

While everyone was recovering from the shock of that first statement, Aeyka came in with a second whammy. "I have an idea about that. Firia and I have been discussing the possibilities."

Her smile grew wider. "And their unusual traits will only help."


"A restaurant?!" Nobuyuki stared, in what only could be described as surprised shock, at the building plans before him. He, Aeyka, and Firia were off in his home office to discuss their plan.

"Yes, a restaurant. With the wide variety of recipes available, from Earth, Jurai, and their world, it would be a very unique business." Aeyka sounded smug, tapping her finger upon a point on the plans. "And the building is designed around that concept."

"However," Firia spoke, beginning to roll up the plans to make them easier to carry. "We still need to find out what sites are available, decide on the exact layout, figure out what supplies we need, and a variety of things."

"Yes, can you please find out what space is available in the city ... ?" Aeyka asked, folding her hands neatly in her lap.

"Well ... Tokyo is pretty busy, and space gets used up rapidly." Nobuyuki scratched his head, thinking. "I can think of a few old buildings, but I'd have to check when I head back in to work tomorrow."

"Thank you."


"So you want all of us to work in this restaurant?" Ryoko scratched her head, leaning over the rafter to look at the building plans that had been spread all over the table in the main room. The rest of the group was either seated at the table or hovering over it.

"Well, not exactly that ... " Firia took two of the sketches and laid them side by side. One showed the upper level of the three-story place, and the other the basement/lower floor. "With the way we have this planned, there are three levels to the business, each one something different. The top level is a restaurant, the two levels below it are a garden-aviary, and the basement is a bar with pool tables, like in America."

"So ... how are we going to figure out who works where?" Ryoko peered down at the plans.


Part 22   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction