Part 9


They had been waiting by a large, smooth road for over twenty minutes when - something - roared up to a screeching halt beside them. It seemed to be some sort of moving cart made of metal and something Lina had no name for, that didn't need horses, gryphons, or any other type of beast to pull it.

A person dressed in a weird white outfit hopped off the metal cart, pulling an equally odd helmet off their head. She had shockingly red hair, and green eyes. Said person grinned, and promptly gave Zel a hug. "Hey bro."

"Hello Usagi."

"So where's the problem?" Elkin pointed silently at little Val, who was currently getting his diaper changed by his foster mother. Usagi promptly zoomed over to look at him. "Awww, how cute!"

She waited only long enough for Firia to finish changing his diaper before picking him up. "You're a cute one, aren't you?" She began cooing at the little one, cuddling him close.

"She's still nutzoid for babies." Zel's voice was quite calm. Elkin's was just as calm. "Probably always will be."

"Is everyone in this family some degree of insane?"

"Think about who the founding father is."

"True."


ungrateful                             brats

                            but also quite

honest.

Now, how to

repay them


"Don't worry, Firia, I'll take good care of him." Usagi put on her helmet as Firia finished fussing over Val, who was securely strapped into his baby seat. "The trip via the moped is only an hour, in contrast to the hour and a half you guys will most likely take in the least. Seeya on the other side!"

With a roar and a rumble, off they went, with Val's cheerful giggles drifting along behind them.

"Ok gang, let's figure out how we're going to do this." Elkin's voice came from way, way up. Firia spun around, and found that Elkin had slipped back into his dragon form. "Switch forms, little one."

"L-little ONE!?!" Firia shrieked, whipping out her mace.

"Calm down. When you do a size comparison, it would take three golds to make a dragon my size." Elkin calmly walked around the edge the clearing, looking everyone over. "Switch forms. If we're going to make this trip short, both you and I need to carry everyone."


Part 10   |   Story Index   |   Fanfiction