Part 3


Lina dashed forward catching the man in mid-fall only to fall along with the man to the ground. He was so heavy almost as if he were a large boulder that had just rolled onto her. Shoving him off her she careful held his wrist, finding a pulse she breathed a sigh of relief. Hearing some shuffling she turned her head quickly ready to do some more damage. But that wasn't needed as the so-called bandit high tailed it out of there. She chuckled to herself and turned her attention back to the man on the ground. Now what was she supposed to do she just couldn't leave him here. He did help her out...thinking it would help him wake up faster she pulled back his hood and face mask. Maybe she should be the one to faint! This guy wasn't even human...he was stone no wonder he was so heavy! She was scared but something in the back f her mind was nagging at her...as if she should know him...Studying him closer she realized that he wasn't scary at all in fact he was handsome. Lina blushed scarlet, what in the world was she thinking!

"Lina...come back to me..."

That voice! Lina knew that voice, the same voice that was calling her in the Library. She looked down in time to see his eyes flutter open; his eyes were studying her intently. "Lina...you came back"

"Eh sorry ...I don't know you..."

He didn't seem to here though as he wrapped his arms around her in a tight embrace. Lina blushed again the embrace felt right...wait what was she thinking! "I said I don't know you!" with that she punched him square in the jaw. Which she immediately regretted as her fist connected with his stone skin.

Zel was not phased in the slightest by the punch he was broken out of his happy delirium however by her "Don't know you" response. Letting her go he sat back and studied her fully, she was so different but...he knew she was Lina. He had a feeling that he couldn't explain, and it only happened when he was near a certain spunky sorceress. And besides whom else had that color hair and eyes. He watched as she stood and dusted of her pants, she was tall she reached about up to his chin. "If you're not Lina what is your name?" He too stood up from the ground dusting his clothes off.

"Lina" she answered simply.

Zel blinked confused just as he was about to ask her what her game was a shadow fell over the two.

"Lina-chan, your back! So glad you could make it" Xellos smiled as he came to stand beside Lina.

"Who are you?!" Lina was only seconds from fainting this was just too weird.

"Sore wa..." he immediately was bashed in the head by Lina.

"What did I tell you about that Xellos!" Lina flushed bright red. "I'm sorry I don't know what came over me!"

Xellos merely smirked, ah things were working out quite nicely...not exactly as he had planned but he would fix the problem.

"What do you want fruitcake..." Zel hadn't heard from nor seen the elusive trickster priest since the day Lina had died.

"Merely to welcome my Lina-chan back home of course!" Xellos smiled one of his charming smiles as he goaded the angry chimera.

"You stay away from her!"Zel cried out in irritation.

"Make me!" Xellos smirked, as it seemed to rile Zel even more.

"You're pushing it! Leave Lina alone!" Zel growled.

"Can't do that me and Lina were meant for each other and besides what would she want with you anyway? Especially when she could have me!" Xellos chuckled as he wrapped his arms around the stunned Lina.

"Why you...that's the last straw!" Zel could feel his temper flare beyond control as Xellos leaned in and kissed the girl on the lips.

"Heheh wakey wakey Lina-chan!" with that he teleported out of sight.

Zel would have chased him down only Lina suddenly began to fall and he ran to catch her up in his arms. "Lina..." He carefully lowered them both to the ground where he gently began to smooth her hair back from her forehead. Minutes past before she finaly opened her eyes, recognition flared as he stared into those ruby depths. "Zel I'm hungry...why are you crying" he couldn't answer all he could do was bring her closer to his chest as he held her in his arms and cried.


Part 4   |   Fanfiction